Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hunter - Lower Mainland

Re: New Hunter - Lower Mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Good for you! Put the prework in and you’ll have a better chance at connecting. Make sure you study up on field dressing and meat care. A moose is a big animal and some of the best bush meat you can get so make sure you treat it right!
    Thanks Fella! Thats actually my biggest concern, I could luck out and find a moose on my own (drove past one in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago). But even after watching dozens of videos, I don't think any of them is going to properly prepare me for being elbow deep in a moose for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by local.604 View Post
    Thanks Fella! Thats actually my biggest concern, I could luck out and find a moose on my own (drove past one in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago). But even after watching dozens of videos, I don't think any of them is going to properly prepare me for being elbow deep in a moose for the first time.
    Are you going to be hunting alone? Moose are huge animals, you might want to have someone along to help. The quarters by themselves are pretty massive...

Just me so far - That is the main reason I am on here could really use the help, but either way going to do what I can to make it happen. I imagine most people are pretty hesitant to go spend that much time in the woods with a stranger lol..

Quote Originally Posted by local.604 View Post
    Just me so far - That is the main reason I am on here could really use the help, but either way going to do what I can to make it happen. I imagine most people are pretty hesitant to go spend that much time in the woods with a stranger lol..
    From time to time there is a meet n greet at a pub in Langley. Might be a good idea to keep your eyes open for the next one and go meet some guys. Maybe at the least you’ll meet some guys who will be hunting that area who could help you

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    From time to time there is a meet n greet at a pub in Langley. Might be a good idea to keep your eyes open for the next one and go meet some guys. Maybe at the least you’ll meet some guys who will be hunting that area who could help you
    Thanks, that actually sounds like a great place to start! is there a forum on here where they arrange it?

Pub night in Langley is the first Wednesday of the month. We meet at Jimmy Mac's in port kells, usually around 7ish.
    Tight groups Safe hunts