Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spotting scope tripod? What are guys using

Re: Spotting scope tripod? What are guys using

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Funny I just ordered this one to try it out and see if it's any more stable than my other lightweight one. Figure easy enough to return it if it isnt.

Got any more info to share on it? Likes dislikes?

I dont plan on using it standing up so only needs to be stable at sitting height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    Looks very simalar to my gitzo traveller tripod but 10x cheaper. be interesting to hear a review.
    It's probably not the same quality but I expect it's probably good enough for the price.

The thing about these tripods now is that they have come a long way by basically copying the high end ones that were state of the art only a few years ago.

They're not quite the same quality .... but for a fraction of the price you should expect them to be either!
    Limited use thus far. When I got it, it was $100. The ball head it comes with is pretty shit for practical use in the field. That's why I hadn't used it much as I didn't figure that out until a bit too late and then ordered a pan head from amazon, but haven't had an opportunity to really use it yet.

Am strongly considering just going all out on Outdoorsmans heads/attachments, though. But when I put all of the cool stuff that they have in my cart, it was like $1000 USD without even getting a tripod...just heads and attachments!

Ive got the outdoorsmans pistol grip head on order! Can't wait to give it a whirl this year. Maybe spring for the outdoorsmans medium tripod next year

There is a limit to what I'll spend on a tripod. And that limit is well under $200.

If the amazon one doesnt pan out I'll probably just lug the old photography tripod that is usually reserved for glassing from near the truck and for range use.

4+lb but she sure is steady.

There is a limit to what I'll spend on a tripod. And that limit is well under $200.

If the amazon one doesnt pan out I'll probably just lug the old photography tripod that is usually reserved for glassing from near the truck and for range use.

4+lb but she sure is steady.
    Pretty sure if you add up the weight of the Outdoorsmen, the only weight difference between it and what you have is about 1lb.....Paying that much money for a 1lb of weight savings is tough to justify. Especially if what you have is steady. My $0.02....
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Pretty sure if you add up the weight of the Outdoorsmen, the only weight difference between it and what you have is about 1lb.....Paying that much money for a 1lb of weight savings is tough to justify. Especially if what you have is steady. My $0.02....
    Well you're paying for more of a weight savings with an outdoorsman. Its built to last, and will last. Their stuff isn't cheap china made crap like you'll find all over amazon. All aluminum parts and pieces. You can have the best glass in the world, but it you put it on a shi**ty tripod its gonna be a like looking through a blurry mess.

Just picked up a Manfrotto 290 with Giottos 1300 ball head - total weight is 4.12 lbs, but it's rock steady even at full extension.

picked up the vortex high country, seems fairly sturdy for the price and weighs 34oz, I didn't feel like spending more than a $100 on one so this was about the lightest one I found in my price range. im not a sheep hunter and just do the odd alpine deer hunt so this is all I felt I needed and happy so far