Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New group calls for seal and sea lion cull on B.C.’s coast

Re: New group calls for seal and sea lion cull on B.C.’s coast

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Why do FN's think they need approval for this. Hunting seals is a part of their culture. It is clearly so, unlike some other things they claim. They should have been killing and eating seals all along.
    The folks I know from Kitkatla and Hartley Bay do in fact hunt seals and sea lions.

Arrow Re: New group calls for seal and sea lion cull on B.C.’s coast

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Why do FN's think they need approval for this. Hunting seals is a part of their culture.
    Currently Canada (and much of the US) affords seals & sea lions Blanket Protection under the guise of Conservation Concerns.
    We all understand that is bullshit, however the laws being what they are, there is some concern from the FN's that the fed's may make this an issue when the program of harvests commences. Basically it is called Cover Your Ass.

Those FN's that have expressed this concern do understand (from a legal viewpoint) that "consent" from the fed's is not likely necessary.
    However to avoid any potential problems, DFO will (has been) requested to issue "permits" for these actions.
    By doing so (and they are being pretty well forced to do so) they will directly imply consent, and therefore support for this proposal.

Hope that makes sense...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yep, this is great news. The FN's will get positive feedback from a lot of folks. Fisherman and even those whale huggers should like this. Put a wack of funds into hatcheries, get rid of the Fish farms, and voila, fat killer whales, recreation and commercial fishing, and tourism like crazy, making nothin but money. One piece of the puzzle is gonna happen, lets pray for the rest to fall into place.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

The comments on that link are going to be good, there's already a few gems. I'm always amazed that people who claim to care about animals can have no clue how nature works.

Hmmm where can we send $$$$$ to save these poor big eyed seals...shame on the blood thirsty killers..sheesh there still are several hundred salmon left to munch on for 460,000 seals from California to Alaska..we need to save the seals.
    Fred

Is it just me, or do the snowflakes commenting on that Global site struggle with their grammar and spelling???
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

Is it just me, or do the snowflakes commenting on that Global site struggle with their grammar and spelling???
    I wouldn't consider my self a snowflake in anyway shape or form, but I sure have trouble with my spelling and grammar

Thumbs up Re: New group calls for seal and sea lion cull on B.C.’s coast

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    ... One piece of the puzzle is gonna happen, lets pray for the rest to fall into place.
    Obviously a seal harvest cannot be a stand-alone answer to the issues facing salmon and killer whales. Components relating to habitat mitigation / enhancement and population augmentation necessarily have to go hand in hand with any such program. We are collectively pressuring the federal government in this regard right now, and have been for some time now. Recent developments suggest that they may actually be starting to listen, and hopefully soon preparing to take steps towards initiating those additional programs which will be required to restore our depleted salmon runs. I am indeed praying for this very result...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

do you need a shark and a scuba suit to follow the blood trail or do they float when you shoot them....