Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Motor vehicle closures to protect grizzly bears

Re: Motor vehicle closures to protect grizzly bears

Everyone has a breaking point and if things keep going the way they are I think we might start seeing good law abiding hunters and fishermen/women start to snap. The attacks are coming on all fronts and really reaching a fever pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    Everyone has a breaking point and if things keep going the way they are I think we might start seeing good law abiding hunters and fishermen/women start to snap. The attacks are coming on all fronts and really reaching a fever pitch.
    It should happen in the 604 first, that is where the majority of hunters live. Maybe have a massive protest in Lil'wat territory? A buddy of mine once told me: "it's not a right unless you exercise it".

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    Well yes, its about giving FN a mandate to micro-manage various parts of BC, and worst of all...nobody to answer to. The anti's who have created a mess of this province in a short period of time with their protesting and bitching and underhanded support of FN agenda's.
    Take the conditions of our provincial parks (unburned bug killed trees everywhere) as just an example of the idiotic thinking that these buffoons have.
    I really think anti's are throwing FN under the bus here as one of my real smart Indian buddies told me once, "hey I gotta live here, raise my family in peace"
    Its going/gone to far now and I'm afraid the creation of any new federal parks in BC will result in fewer area's to hunt for residents and a private playground for FN to hunt because of the stupidity of people in government such as Catherine McKenna.

One would think resident hunters should have been involved in the decision making as represented by the BCWF. They're making themselves less relevant by not being more vocal. If this case says anything, it's that none of the parties involved thinks the BCWF is worth consideration.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

UPDATE.....

Conservation Officer Service:

ENFORCEMENT - $8,740 in fines

Conservation Officers issued 16 tickets – totalling more than $8,000 in fines – to 14 people for using a motor vehicle in an area near Pemberton that is closed to the public for the protection of grizzly bears. Those charged were occupants of four pickup trucks and two UTV’s.
    Despite signage warning people of the closures, on the weekend Conservation Officers found many people within the closure area accessing the Meager Hot Springs, which is also closed to the public.
    Conservation Officers were patrolling to enforce the Motor Vehicle Prohibition Regulation under the B.C. Wildlife Act.
    Conservation Officers issued 16 charges:
    • 14 charges were issued under the WLA
    • 2 charges were issued under the Off-Road Vehicle Act
    • 3 warnings were also given
    • Fine total: $8,740

I would be proud to join in a group that decides to access this area as a unified group. Time to grow a set people.

Take the tickets to court

A victory in court will result in case law that can be used to help remove access restrictions.

I recall many guide/outfitters lobbying government and initiating road closures for their own selfish interests. Now the game is all but gone, predators have flourished, forests have burned and many of their territories and businesses are worthless as a viable hunting entity. AND THE ROADS ARE STILL CLOSED FOR NO VALID REASON WHATSOEVER.

I will further comment that there is a plethora of morons on those ridiculous ATV and UTV things that certainly do cause concerns in the wilderness.

Grizzlies are not afraid or affected by the occasional vehicle on a forest service road. In fact, I would go so far as to say that animals are not afraid of or affected by vehicles at all.

Agreed . Start writing some letters. I would target the bands with your letters. I think many of the bands have been ****ed over by these greenies . Perswading them to hault the hunting of the grizz. I think that there are a ton of first nations out there that think banning a bear hunt is a crock of shit.. Clayton Mac of Bella Coola would be rolling in his grave. Were letting this shit get outa hand now. If we dont wright and fight . . we cant complain..
    Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    How is that supposed to help grizzly bear??? They are closed to hunting and it's not in the name of science or conservation! Now we can't use roads near bear habitat?

My son and I went stone sheep hunting this year. Saw 8 grizz . One cougar. and 8 rams . no lambs .
    and got charged by a sow and two year old cub that were chasing the rams accross the shale. We yelled at the bears. Then they charged us. 3 shots later they only just walked away slowly. First shot into the shale at 50 yards beside the bear.. The bear just sniffed the shale and kept on running.
    Was pretty nerve wracking.
    Pretty sure the bands want wildlife left to eat. Not so sure there all on the same page with these closures.. I think with some good quality letters. And a work together approach. Maybe we can get some of this crap sorted out.

No one wants to wipe out all the bears . but lets manage them..

I have no problem with closures and generally speaking, I support them. However, a closure should be a closure for everyone. Otherwise, it is meaningless; especially when access is granted to a group to whom conservation is often a concept which is totally foriegn. GD
    Last edited by GreyDog; 11-01-2019 at 02:15 AM.