Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor vehicle closures to protect grizzly bears

Re: Motor vehicle closures to protect grizzly bears

CPAWS is the group managed by one of the coast to cascades grizzly bear initiative who helped write this new management plan by the way...

And what CPAWS retweets about the future of hunting in BC.

Last edited by Sirloin; 07-31-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Very simple, we are loosing on all fronts.

you can whine and bitch all you like about what first nations, government, and anti hunting groups are doing.

If we resident hunters can't find a way to unite ourselves and fight for OUR heritage and fast, we are screwed.

Makes me wonder, with all these closures to basically all "Non FN" and yet "All FN are ALWAYS allowed" to be excluded from
    either bans or closures, even when it these restrictions are do to "falling species numbers", thus the restriction in the first place
    (supposedly, as in this case is ******ed!!??), isn't there some kind of "legal ground" for us to go to the courts and say
    "hey, if it is good fore the goose, it's good for the gander".
    Meaning, if these restrictions are to protect and preserve species etc, and are implemented by government, "that ALL have to
    be restricted and follow these restrictions/closures, and that by excluding some is not right".
    The only way is see of stopping the train, is by having the FN also have to follow these same restrictions.
    If they had to follow them, I assure you they wouldn't be calling for all these BS restrictions/closures.

We need to find a way to "legally challenge" this current situation and it's lack of fairness/fair play "policy".
    There must be a legal challenge in it somewhere.
    IF not, I am going to be straight up, there will be some major civil disobedience coming this way to the province, and real people are going to get hurt, one way or another, due to this lack of one policy for you, and another policy for that guy.
    Policy in regards to this stuff is based on "protecting a species"
    All groups need to be included into the "same policies".
    There has to be a major legal challenge in there somewhere.
    That is the direction that is needed now, or it will be over.
    Or we need to vote a Trump style individual into BC??

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Makes me wonder, with all these closures to basically all "Non FN" and yet "All FN are ALWAYS allowed" to be excluded from
    either bans or closures, even when it these restrictions are do to "falling species numbers", thus the restriction in the first place
    (supposedly, as in this case is ******ed!!??), isn't there some kind of "legal ground" for us to go to the courts and say
    "hey, if it is good fore the goose, it's good for the gander".
    Meaning, if these restrictions are to protect and preserve species etc, and are implemented by government, "that ALL have to
    be restricted and follow these restrictions/closures, and that by excluding some is not right".
    The only way is see of stopping the train, is by having the FN also have to follow these same restrictions.
    If they had to follow them, I assure you they wouldn't be calling for all these BS restrictions/closures.

We need to find a way to "legally challenge" this current situation and it's lack of fairness/fair play "policy".
    There must be a legal challenge in it somewhere.
    IF not, I am going to be straight up, there will be some major civil disobedience coming this way to the province, and real people are going to get hurt, one way or another, due to this lack of one policy for you, and another policy for that guy.
    Policy in regards to this stuff is based on "protecting a species"
    All groups need to be included into the "same policies".
    There has to be a major legal challenge in there somewhere.
    That is the direction that is needed now, or it will be over.
    Or we need to vote a Trump style individual into BC??
    Has anyone ever filed a human rights complaint? I've never heard of it being done.

I'm sure it's been thought of and said before but I'm a slow learner...ive just realized to me it's looks like these groups are partnering up with the aboriginals to get what they both want perspectively.

Aboriginals gets pretty much everything for themselves. And these groups put a huge dent into hunting in general.

I hold the past and current government responsible for this entire debacle.

What can one guy do?!

The basic problem is there is no need for a legal challenge, just enforcement of existing laws. The courts have ruled time and time again that conservation is the only thing that trumps First Nation right. There is just no will to enforce it.

It is now coming to a head over land use but has been going on for over a decade with fisheries. A prime example is the cultus lake sockeye. Countless studies say they are on the brink of extinction, well below any rational criteria for them to be placed included in SARA (COSEWIC recommended it) and it was refused. The official reason was basically because of concerns over First Nations. In short it was deemed that the exterpation of sockeye in Cultus Lake was acceptable. The same is being done with regards to Thompson River Steelhead. Several studies have proven the late season Chum netting is taking a large percentage of the steelhead. If they were granted SARA protection that fishery would have to be shutdown... what the total number of fish back last year? 250? down from well over 10,000 years ago and still the government will not grant any formal protection. All this despite the courts ruling that conservation trumps all!

Unfortunately I believe many are right. Someone somewhere is going to do something stupid and that will be all it takes.
    Last edited by Mulehahn; 07-20-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Well arn't those INDIAN s being so GENEROUS to us NON Indians ! We can walk in if we Like ! WTF ! RJ

I talked to the CO up there in May and she said that Lillooet South road was gated to protect Grizzly bears. Looks like this is a step to formalize it.
    Last edited by MichelD; 07-20-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I talked to the CO up there in May and she said that Lillooet South road was gated to protect Grizzly bears. Looks like this is a step to formalize it.
    It's already a done deal. Closed starting this year.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2018FLNR0168-001348

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Where is the BCWF on this? Knock knock BCWF?! are you there?!
    Yes they are there. Hand in hand with Raincoast!