Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tumbler Ridge meat hanging.

Re: Tumbler Ridge meat hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    They didn’t seem overly thrilled about new customers potentially, but maybe the guy just doesn’t have any enthusiasm in his voice anymore haha
    Great meat cutter and supper busy. But Richard is getting on in age and I heard he wants to slowly walk away. When you are one of three or four in the Peace and all the early season moose, plus now the elk, it can get a little stressful. Took a friends elk in there the other day and he was busy.

But one of the best up here. Makes great pepperoni!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Great meat cutter and supper busy. But Richard is getting on in age and I heard he wants to slowly walk away. When you are one of three or four in the Peace and all the early season moose, plus now the elk, it can get a little stressful. Took a friends elk in there the other day and he was busy.

But one of the best up here. Makes great pepperoni!!

Cheers

SS

oh that’s absolutely understandable! I’m sure he has a list of regulars and locals long enough to fill all his days!
    I can respect that, if you have any other suggestions I’m all ears I’d happily drive a couple hours tops, beats the hell out of driving 1200km each way to my butcher.. really cuts up an enjoyable 3-4 week wilderness adventure.

I think there might be a fella in tomslake that might cut meat. I'll try to find out for you. Most of the time i find that cutting the meat is easier then finding the meat to cut.
    I don't know what kind of protocol there is to get your animal to alberta but theres 2 of 3 butchers in the beaverlodge area that I would recommend. Beaverlodge butcher shop and if you call golden guns in beaverlodge they'd steer you to the other outfit. If you do come to albeeria I'd suggest NOT using alberta select meats. Might not hurt to call Corlanes. They should know of someone to.

We used this guy a couple of years ago. He did a decent job of cutting/wrapping/freezing.

Stan’s Custom Meat Cutting
    5014 238 Road
    Baldonal, BC

https://www.stanscustommeatcutting.com
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

You can try B&R Butchers..250-784-4086
    Do phone ahead as they are very busy right now
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

oh that’s absolutely understandable! I’m sure he has a list of regulars and locals long enough to fill all his days!
    I can respect that, if you have any other suggestions I’m all ears I’d happily drive a couple hours tops, beats the hell out of driving 1200km each way to my butcher.. really cuts up an enjoyable 3-4 week wilderness adventure.
    H&M Meats in GP is well worth the drive, if you are looking for products and not just cooler hanging (don't think they do hanging only)
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Thanks guys ! Considering how busy it will be up north it’s better to have as many options as possible.

greatly appreciated !

Thanks guys ! Considering how busy it will be up north it’s better to have as many options as possible.

greatly appreciated !
    Should go to golden guns anyways if for nothing else but to have a look on the guns on the golden.