Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumbler Ridge meat hanging.

Tumbler Ridge meat hanging.

Was wondering if someone has cooler in the area where we could hang meat last week of Sept.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tumbler Ridge meat hanging.

Tumbler ridge is still pretty rural. You could just hang it in a tree by the mall!

Most butchers want to butcher meat they hang in their coolers. Few if any rent space in coolers.
    Depending on time of year it will keep on a hanging pole in a shaded area up out of bear reach. Meaning bring ladder and pulley to hoist it high.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I would expect end of sept temps to be cool enough to hang in the mountains for a few days, but I suppose that depends what elevation you hunt at really...we typically have to burn the woodstove at night time during any bull season in august

I've used Russel meats in chetwynd for august moose before, 25/day and 3 day minimum, I have only used his cooler, never any processing, he usually has lots of rooms based on my visits

Richards butcher in pouce coupe will accept hanging, provided their cooler isn't full with processing orders as mentioned above, 15/day....end of august I've found them to be typically busy, but end of September may be different, they've always been busy in my experiences with them
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Thanks for the info. I have also used Russell’s for just the hanging when we were farther North. Though I would just inquire about the Tumbler area in case one of the members wanted some extra hunting money if they had a cooler available.

Russel Meats is no longer in business in Chetwynd. They moved to the Vanderhoof area in 2017.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser98 View Post
    Russel Meats is no longer in business in Chetwynd. They moved to the Vanderhoof area in 2017.

im going to necro this thread,

anyone have any current info about the area ?

Richards meats in pouce.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Richards meats in pouce.
    They didn’t seem overly thrilled about new customers potentially, but maybe the guy just doesn’t have any enthusiasm in his voice anymore haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser98 View Post

They are still open for early moose and the first part of sept. fyi