Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elaho River Valley - Goats - Blanca Lake

Re: Elaho River Valley - Goats - Blanca Lake

I was planning to do the same with my brother. I went up there last Friday. Apparently they're logging heavily up the E300. One of the loggers waved me over and told me to head back. Said they won't be done for 3 or 4 months. I think we're going to try to get some Alpine muleys this year instead and maybe try next year

Quote Originally Posted by Golddust View Post
    I was planning to do the same with my brother. I went up there last Friday. Apparently they're logging heavily up the E300. One of the loggers waved me over and told me to head back. Said they won't be done for 3 or 4 months. I think we're going to try to get some Alpine muleys this year instead and maybe try next year
    I think, commercial backcountry closure as of this week due to fire rating, hence logging should be done. No heavy machinery operation in the backcountry as far as I know. Unless they want to keep going and take a chance with their insurance if something was to happen.

Just wondering if anyone's been up there lately? Has the logging been stopped? Can we get in there?

Golddust, hey I just saw you had sent me a message about Harrison bear hunting in April that I didn't get around to replying to. I did end up coming across a sow and cub over two weekends. That was about it. As for this post, I am going to head up there this weekend and see if I can figure this out. I'm not even sure where the trail head is or if you have to get to the top of e300 to pick up the trail. I am going to return a few PM's here and see if I can dig up some info before heading up there this weekend. As for being turned around by the loggers I'm sure there has to be a way to bypass the area they are falling in. The back road map book shows the trail heading up the left hand side of Maude Frickert Falls. I have also seen a GPS track of people starting the hike at the top cut on the right hand side of e300. so I am not sure what is going on there. Bing Maps shows a new cut on the left hand side of e300 way up that looks like its right where the trail was. I would assume that's where they are logging now.