Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Boots

Re: Best Boots

I have 2 pairs, depending on what I'm up to. Under armour speed freaks, and Lowa Tibet GTX.

I love how under armour boots fit. I love how waterproof they are. I unfortunately also love their customer service. This is my second pair. I had the first pair come apart in about a year's use. They're like the Chevy of boots, really comfy, but you just can't trust em to always come through for you.
    The Lowas are like an old toyota. They work great in really ugly stuff, but when you stop to sit and glass...they're not that comfy. They're a stiff boot, so my feet tend to fall asleep in them. Kinda like spending the day in an old Toyota. Once you get where you're going, you want to get out.

I also tried the Irish setter elk trackers. They were like an old jeep with a soft top, they were heavy, cost too much, and they leaked a lot.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Best boots I ever owned (and still do) are my Cabelas Meindl Perfekt hunter.

They have been phenomenal as far as comfort goes.

Hey Guys I have been trying to order a new Pair of Size 14 mountain boots currently own a pair of Hanwag Alaskans but unfortunately got them a little to close to the fire last year and shrunk to the toe. First pick was Lowe GTX but cant find any in Canada in my size and the states wont ship. Have been looking at Meindl but same cannot find. Let me know if you guys know a place that might carry any.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Surprised Crispi didn't come up.

I second that!!!

Irish Setters awesome boots

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Hey Guys I have been trying to order a new Pair of Size 14 mountain boots currently own a pair of Hanwag Alaskans but unfortunately got them a little to close to the fire last year and shrunk to the toe. First pick was Lowe GTX but cant find any in Canada in my size and the states wont ship. Have been looking at Meindl but same cannot find. Let me know if you guys know a place that might carry any.

Thanks
    Lowa.ca has them.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

blackdog makes some good points. IME what matters is the fit of a specific brand to your foot and the quality of the construction. I have not tried the new synthetic boots having opted for good quality leather construction instead.

I am currently wearing out a pair of Danner Fort Lewis, decent quality and great fit for me. I have found a 10" rise with full lacing works well on hills with or without a load on. Given the date it will be critical to buy them and get them broken in regardless of what you get.

Hey dog, do you remember a guy named Sebellini (or something close to that) in New west Minster, had a little shop, made fantastic boots.

Astepanuk....

Size 14???? Holy crap.. you got big flippers
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Astepanuk....

Size 14???? Holy crap.. you got big flippers
    I like to call it a good understanding. I have a pair of Lowa Tibet’s on there way.

I found my Hanwag Alaskans didn’t provide much ankle support found I rolled my ankles more then once. I actually stepped out of my buds truck fairly fast after a mule deer back in 2016 and broke my fib/tib when my foot hit the icy road hard to blame the boots but I know the lack of ankle supper didn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post

Thanks
    AJ brooks is where I got my 15’s a few years ago. Not sure if he’s still operating. Good luck
    Tell it how it is!!!