Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best Boots

Re: Best Boots

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Best thing to do, is not pick a boot online that you want and then try to convince yourself its the right boot for your foot. Try on as many as you can, and then make a decision. I heard of a guy that ordered $3000 worth of boots on amazon, tried them all out and returned the ones that didnt fit and kept one of two pairs.
    Have you started to refer to yourself in the 3rd person to hide the fact you're a gear junkie?
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

So where's the best place to hit in the lower main land to buy boots for under $400.00. Ive heard that if you buy the Mendel boots from cabelas there not as good as buying them from a boot store. And the Irish setters elk trackers the ones that are sold now a days are junk compared to the ones that where sold 5 or more years ago. I can't afford to buy boots every year, and don't want to make a wrong decision on a pair of boots, I just want something waterproof comfortable that will last. Thanks.

I just bought some hanwag Yukon’s boots. For anyone that uses hanwags holing did it take you to break them in? Any tips or tricks?

Try Valhalla Pure

https://vpo.ca/category/88/boots?sor...1&sku=LAS0011D

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    So where's the best place to hit in the lower main land to buy boots for under $400.00. Ive heard that if you buy the Mendel boots from cabelas there not as good as buying them from a boot store. And the Irish setters elk trackers the ones that are sold now a days are junk compared to the ones that where sold 5 or more years ago. I can't afford to buy boots every year, and don't want to make a wrong decision on a pair of boots, I just want something waterproof comfortable that will last. Thanks.

I have the Trapper tops. They felt great from the start but better after 3 or 4 days of heavy use. I use the Obenauf's leather protector from Cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I just bought some hanwag Yukon’s boots. For anyone that uses hanwags holing did it take you to break them in? Any tips or tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by 604ksmith View Post
    Have you started to refer to yourself in the 3rd person to hide the fact you're a gear junkie?
    hahah NO! that wasn't me!

Quote Originally Posted by Merch View Post
    I have the Trapper tops. They felt great from the start but better after 3 or 4 days of heavy use. I use the Obenauf's leather protector from Cabelas.
    Same experience with my trapper tops. Great out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Still Broadway between Main and Cambie (even though Meindl is no longer there as far as I know)... the Fjallraven store sells Hanwags, MEC is now carrying some Lowas (I think), plus Vallhalla pure is on that block...

Actually, this is more for hiking boots - if by hunting boots you want something insulated and high up the ankle, then you probably have to run all over hell's half acre to try on different brands. If it were me I'd be tempted to drive to the USA Cabelas and try on everything they have in the store for fit.