Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best Boots

Re: Best Boots

Which ever ones fit you

For somebody on a budget about $400 what would you guys recommend. For early to mid season. I have a pair of Irish setters elk trackers 1000 gram that's great for late season. But when I use them in early season my feet cook. im looking for a all leather boot, that can accommodate wide feet. I'm in langley so going to Vancouver isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Which ever ones fit you
    Bingo SR80 finally someone has it figured out !
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    For somebody on a budget about $400 what would you guys recommend. For early to mid season. I have a pair of Irish setters elk trackers 1000 gram that's great for late season. But when I use them in early season my feet cook. im looking for a all leather boot, that can accommodate wide feet. I'm in langley so going to Vancouver isn't a problem.
    My recent boots are a Hanwag model, bought out of Fishers Hardware in Vernon. Out the door cost me less than $400. They work for “me”, as do Lowa boots.

One thing I learned awhile ago, you can get way better quality gear if you avoid “hunting gear”. Most my best hunting gear is earth tone clothing from company’s who make high quality backpacking/mountaineer gear.
    I'm that guy!!!

Wear the real tree ones from crappy tire and do a lot of hiking and exploring on foot, never had a problem and buy a new set each year! Don’t need the 1000.00 ones
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Wear the real tree ones from crappy tire and do a lot of hiking and exploring on foot, never had a problem and buy a new set each year! Don’t need the 1000.00 ones
    I hope your joking
    I'm that guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Which ever ones fit you
    ^^^ this ^^^. Like packs, everyone is different. Quality wise, the top brands have top quality, how they feel on your foot, depends on your foot. It’s worth making a day (or more) out of boot shopping, spend some time in them before you make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine85 View Post
    I hope your joking

Yes.. but the sad truth my buddy does that but he doesn’t walk a whole lot, I have the Cabelas mendiels and they are comfy, my only beef with them are the soles, could be more agressive
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I use Salomon 4D GTX boots. I also like the Lowa Renegades but they're pricy

Best thing to do, is not pick a boot online that you want and then try to convince yourself its the right boot for your foot. Try on as many as you can, and then make a decision. I heard of a guy that ordered $3000 worth of boots on amazon, tried them all out and returned the ones that didnt fit and kept one of two pairs.