Hey all,

I am new to this forum so I hope that this is in the correct place. I have hunted when I was a kid and then had a break for a number of years. I am just getting back into it now with the main intention of hunting for food. I've put a lot of time in this year on my bow (ideally that is how I will be doing most hunting) but I also have rifle and shotgun.

I'm a very experienced backpacker and have my level 3 Occupational First Aid certification. I have taken a class on butchering this year as well as a course specifically for preparing to hunt in the alpine. I'm pretty serious about doing it right.

I've been scouting areas for deer up the mamquam road lately in squamish, mostly for deer but have mainly been seeing bears.

I've been a bit frustrated with google maps and the FrontDesk BC layers for determining what is crown land, where you can hunt and not. I've seen a lot of other people express the same frustration online and was wondering if anyone here had similar experiences.

All in all, I am hoping to get in touch with someone who shares my enthusiasm for hunting, the bushcraft and see what we can learn from each other.

Thanks,
Matt