Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada in The Rough??????

Re: Canada in The Rough??????

Keep it, it is really nice to be able to hunt with family once in a while!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Keep it, it is really nice to be able to hunt with family once in a while!!!
    It is a great system for this and what it should be used for in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    So what? Cassius Clay had a trainer that wasn't a boxer (Angelo Dundee)
    Gary Bettman runs the NHL but isn't a hockey player.
    So who is Cassius Clay in this case? Surely not Rusty Trigger? Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    other than some outfitters, is there anyone else lobbying to get rid of the host program?
    Its actually Permit to accompany here in B.C. , hunter host I beleive is what it is called in Alberta.
    I don't have a problem with it but do feel it could be regulated better.
    So what does permit to accompany mean do the people have to stay together or can the non-resident go off by him self.
    In the elk. moose and caribou shows with the beasleys it looks like they made all the stocks on there own with the camera man
    unless the camera man was the permit holder. In the caribou show they actually ended up shooting a different bull then the one
    they started after.
    If a non resident is hunting with a guide/outfitter are they allowed to be left alone hunting or make the stalk on there own.
    What is the obligation of the guide/outfitter or the holder of the accompany permit during the hunt.

Could be a semi guided hunt ... where the hunter is left ( alone) on property “ In a tree stand or ground blind “ thru an outfitter .... don’t think that would work for a permit to accompany .. thinking you have to be with the holder through out the hunt.... lots of different ways to I guess to define guided hunt

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Its actually Permit to accompany here in B.C. , hunter host I beleive is what it is called in Alberta.
    I don't have a problem with it but do feel it could be regulated better.
    So what does permit to accompany mean do the people have to stay together or can the non-resident go off by him self.
    In the elk. moose and caribou shows with the beasleys it looks like they made all the stocks on there own with the camera man
    unless the camera man was the permit holder. In the caribou show they actually ended up shooting a different bull then the one
    they started after.
    If a non resident is hunting with a guide/outfitter are they allowed to be left alone hunting or make the stalk on there own.
    What is the obligation of the guide/outfitter or the holder of the accompany permit during the hunt.
    On a permit to accompany you have to stay within communication distance, without electronic aids. Basically stick to them like a new kid with his first 22.

Anytime we can spend time in the field with family or friends it is worthwhile, don’t see even outfitters worrying about how the permit is applied anymore. Much bigger issues to tackle
    Last edited by Deaddog; 07-19-2018 at 05:33 AM.

I dont think anyone wants to get rid of the hunter host program I just want to see it stopped being ABUSED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    I dont think anyone wants to get rid of the hunter host program I just want to see it stopped being ABUSED!!!
    What is your definition of being abused ?

What do you perceive is the result of this “abuse?” Conservation concern ? Takes away resident hunter opportunity?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

You don't think taking a commercial enterprise on a hunter host hunt is an abuse of the program? C'mon... as for the other questions yes on both accounts. Everyone on this site knows game populations in BC are struggling. We shouldn't be giving our game away for profit.