Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada in The Rough??????

Re: Canada in The Rough??????

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    A good example of how I'm confident that I will be alive to see the end of hunting in this province.....
    So true!! I feel like I'm going to see hunting end in the province before the Canucks win a Stanley Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Not sure how to make it any clearer. The fed was never involved in the elk hunt in any way or manner... I have known the Beasley boys well for over a decade, certainly get others position on the rules around the permit
    I was not involved so only know the info given and dont take everything on this forum as fact lol

With the number of hosted hunts on the show it has caused many to ? Any hosted hunt that was involved. From what you are saying your hunt was legitimate but scrutinized because it was on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I used to hear that BC was the "Serengeti of the North". It didn't take me long to realize that most of that is a statement about a bunch of lions and hyenas chasing eachother in circles over a pile of rotting bones....
    Ha, ha! Good one. Actually funny if it wasn't true. Now you know why I like Alberta.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Are hosted hunts that gets filmed for TV really an important issue?

There are so many other things that are actually important, seems pretty silly to get worked up about a few hosted hunts. It’s not like BC hunters are missing out on anything or a species is being put in jeopardy.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Are hosted hunts that gets filmed for TV really an important issue?

There are so many other things that are actually important, seems pretty silly to get worked up about a few hosted hunts. It’s not like BC hunters are missing out on anything or a species is being put in jeopardy.

It does give an argument to be used against the host program and is displayed for all to see when on TV.

Yes there are many issues in BC but why create more

Gives what argument specifically?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Gives what argument specifically?
    GOs started ?ing the use of the permit for TV hunting already. It’s not a far streach for them to claim it is being used as a loop hole to keep cost down when filming hunting shows when they would normally hire a GO

You are smart enough to see it yourself and smart enough to know the host program was not intended for this purpose. Just because you may see no issues with the host system used this way does not mean it does not help build a case against the host program.

Rumour is the host program has tightened up on a few species and it is believed by some this is part of what caused it. I have not used the program in a few years or looked into it lately so this may just be some talking

Do I care if a non resident hunts BC TV host or other wise NO but TV hunters using the grey areas of the host program putting it at risk I don’t agree with.

Ah, I think I recall now outfitters complaining about this. Who says that the hosts would even book an outfitted hunt anyway?

This just seems like a petty thing. Someone legally came to hunt and made a TV show without hiring an outfitter. It’s tough to be convinced this is actually a problem that requires a solution.

I fail to see the problem with what took place.

For Canada in the Rough it was actually a pretty good episode. Really depicted triumph and tribulations of a hunt and what a person may experience. Far better then their bait in a tree stand for black bear episodes

Ah, I think I recall now outfitters complaining about this. Who says that the hosts would even book an outfitted hunt anyway?

This just seems like a petty thing. Someone legally came to hunt and made a TV show without hiring an outfitter. It’s tough to be convinced this is actually a problem that requires a solution.
    Odds are the Beasley’s would have done less hunts in BC if they did not use the host program just not cost effective

The reason I believe Canada in the rough’s use of the host program got negative attention is the number of hunts and how many different hosts they used. In my opinion if not so many hosts were used it would not have been looked at as an issue or people ?ing their use of the program

Myself the only issue I have is it puts the host program at risk by giving ammo for those against the program to use