Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goat hunt in region 6-9 zone S

Goat hunt in region 6-9 zone S

well guys i was lucky enough to get a LEH goat tag in region 6-9 Zone S. i have never hunted here before and was wondering if anyone has or know if theres goats kicking around mt forster (telkwa range). and if so what part of the range would be the ideal place to go? North or south?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goat hunt in region 6-9 zone S

Want us to shoot it for you too?

Was just trying to get a little info on the area. No need to be a **** about it.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    Was just trying to get a little info on the area. No need to be a **** about it.
    People who show up and ask for help on their first post are generally not well received. I don't know that zone, but hopefully someone can give you a starting point.

Good Luck
    KCCO

A Quick google seasrch, points me to the couple little lake just west of Mt Foster. Study’s show goats in there, I’m sure there are trails around, but from the closer logging blocks there, it doesn’t look like a bad hike, and looks like goat country to me.

Isn’t that what forums are generally for? Asking questions? I’m not asking for specific locations. the telkwa range is a pretty big area. It’s my 1st time goat hunting and it seems that this site has a lot of knowledgeable goat hunters. Just every post I’ve read seems to generally say around mourice lake which is outta the zone I have a tag for. I have a friend that lives in Houston that sleds the telkwa range and is always up in the mountains during summer but said he’s never seen any goats in that area.

Thanks decker9. THe 1st lake just west of mount Forster is as far as zone S extends to. Like I pretty much have mount forester and south to hunt within my zone.

Thanks decker9. THe 1st lake just west of mount Forster is as far as zone S extends to. Like I pretty much have mount forester and south to hunt within my zone.
    Crap I got mixed up there, I meant to say just east of Mt Foster. I know a lot of people who head in the range in the summer on quads, I always ask if they see goats, but Iv never heard much positive about the sightings. I’d think a guy would have to hike back a ways and get away from the atv traffic maybe to get into some goats. Iv only been in the range once on a sled, but I don’t remember where the trail goes in, compared to Mt Foster, maybe a guy can quad in part way, I’m not to sure.

Isn’t that what forums are generally for? Asking questions? I’m not asking for specific locations. the telkwa range is a pretty big area. It’s my 1st time goat hunting and it seems that this site has a lot of knowledgeable goat hunters. Just every post I’ve read seems to generally say around mourice lake which is outta the zone I have a tag for. I have a friend that lives in Houston that sleds the telkwa range and is always up in the mountains during summer but said he’s never seen any goats in that area.
    If you ever pull a Morice tag, I can give better direction for that area lol.

yeA that’s pretty much the same thing my friend said that lives there. Like you can quad right up Into the mountain into the sledding areas but it’s limited to how far you can go cause of caribou habitat. But thank you for the help! Some info is better than none.