Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goat hunt in region 6-9 zone S

Re: Goat hunt in region 6-9 zone S

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    yeA that’s pretty much the same thing my friend said that lives there. Like you can quad right up Into the mountain into the sledding areas but it’s limited to how far you can go cause of caribou habitat. But thank you for the help! Some info is better than none.
    No problem at all, good luck on your hunt!

so i think ive pretty much decided on where to go. was wondering if anyone knows how the road is to get into the hunter basin/ webster lake/ hankin plateau hiking trails are? ive read that the bridge at goat horn creek is washed out but a high rise 4x4 pickup/ ATV can go through the creek during august and September months to get to the trailhead parking lot?

bridge at goat horn remains out. There was a temporary bridge put in this year but it is now gone again. A 'high rise' 4x4 and ATV can make it in easy enough if creek doesn't blow out. Road after that is good. You have the draw that's good up until September 30?

S.W.A.T that link doesnt work.
    Jrax so a lifted truck on 37's should be fine is what your saying? and yea i have the draw from aug 1st-sept 30

A lifted truck on 37s would be fine...... until it rains and your trapped. Was up that way may long and the quad bridge was washed out. Due to major snow pack this winter combined with run off the deactivations were washing away as well. There are signs stating the area is non motorized but I'm not 100% sure how true it is. A lady, mrs. Hanson, watches the area pretty close and she is anti everything and like to stir the pot sort of speak.

The road is blocked just short of the first gravel pit and has been for many years. This leaves parking exposed. I highly suggest you take the time if possible to scout the area a few weeks in advance to see what routes will work the best before committing to a side. Just my .02 and I can see the east slip of the range from my kitchen window. Currently heavily fogged in and raining.

it has been a confusing on whats legal and whats voluntary on the caribou closure. Now I see that as of July 1, 2018 there is a motor vehicle closure for hunters basin and other areas which is now in the hunting synopsis. Download this kmz. file into your google earth to show you vehicle closures. ftp://ftp.geobc.gov.bc.ca/publish/Re...cle%20closure/

I think that hiking was closed as well and only open from july 15 - sept30 in some areas but I don't know if that's voluntary.

I cleared the far side of the creek, I cross now with my bushtruck (stock 2000 chevy ) with no problems. My way of interpreting the regs is- it's ok to drive motorized vehicles to the trailheads & then hike from there. The hankin plateau /Webster creek trails have become narrow grown in hiking trails so quad access would'nt be an issue even if someone wanted to, only the Hunter Basin trail would be accessable if someone were to push the issue.

yea ive looked at all the motorized vehicle closures areas and your pretty much good to drive to the trail heads and park from what i can see.