Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goats above Ghost lake?

Goats above Ghost lake?

Was out doing some fishing around ghost lake in MU 5-15 and couldn't stop looking up at those amazing mountains and wondering if there are any goats up there. Unfortunately didn't have enough time this trip to go hike up and have a look. Any one know if there are any goats in this region?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goats above Ghost lake?

yes there is.....

yes there ARE goats..and right where you were looking...

Steven

I'll turd that. Had an acquaintence from Likely that used to move then around the mountains there on a frequent basis. You should be able to check them out from the lake with a good set of bino's or spotting scope.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

actually one valley NORTH of that is even bettter...get across the little pond..and go to the south side and glass north...shhhhhh dont want too many to know.....

lol

Steven

My First Goat hunt was there. We never saw any from the lake but it is Total Goat & Grizzly Country.
    We saw a Nanny and her kid above bettys place. I messed my feet up with poor Boots after that climb and ended the rest of my hunt , so i came home Goatless. It was a lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks for the info guys. That country has me really excited.
    I didn't get my 3-16 goat draw and after last summers billy that walked through my alpine camp there, I have the itch bad.
    I think I know that little pond srupp. I waded down the [blank] river to it while I was fishing. Don't worry I wont tell know one.

nice steve!
    Anthony Martinovic
    September 1'st is a special day for a special age.
    It's been three years, and I'm still missin' it.

There are goats there, or so I've been told, I have always wanted to go as I live close in Quesnel. But make sure you have a look at the regs certain areas (including around ghost lake) are closed.

Great point..lol the question was ..IF there was goats...now open season is a whole nother question...

Steven