Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I suppose its worth a try, keep in mind the chief of any indian band I have known has zero control over its people, so I would find out if they at least respect your LEH, if there is doubt either dont go or be prepared for the worst if you do go.
    A signed note from a chief can go a long ways in some bands but every band is different and I have no experience with the one in ?.

The leh draw is legal, so go hunt, bear valley care to share some intel on the moose initiatives or is it for only a chosen few
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

"And what was this thread about again? Oh yea, the fact that moose numbers have hit rock bottom and there needs to be something done to improve the situation."

I was just going to bring that up. I don't think the OP was about moose numbers. I think it's about FNs competing with the provincial government for power. Seems to me like they're saying "The government may allow you to do something, but they aren't the guys calling the shots. We are, and we won't allow it".

We can argue about whether we need to shoot more wolves, shoot Jesse, stop hunting, stop spraying, or whatever, but the statement by the TNG isn't (in my opinion) really about moose. It's about sovereignty and who gets to exercise power. If moose weren't threatened they'd still want more control over territory that they believe they should control. The land settlement wasn't the end of the process.

The TNG is pretty leading edge on this, but the fact is that indigenous people exercise a great deal of influence over a lot of wildlife, and we haven't yet determined how that will work, long term.

We need to wrap our heads around that and make the best deal we can.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

We've got 2-bull draws this yr,same area we went into blind some 15 yrs ago and on that first trip in we were confronted by a FN roadblock.Thier beef was with Canfor and not us but none the less were turning back any and all hunters.A few days later with a few shots of some good scotch under our belts we went back for a second opinion,after some heated words my elderly dad had a heart to heart with the area chief who happened to be up in age as well and staying there ,they were able to work out an agreement and in we went.I think talking in person with the band Chief worked in our favor as we had the entire area to our selves ,was a successful hunt and the chief got the noses/cheeks off the heads of our bulls.
    Subsquently there has never been another roadblock in there to this day,but if there is i know who ill be talking to..
    Last edited by Takla; 07-17-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    The leh draw is legal, so go hunt, bear valley care to share some intel on the moose initiatives or is it for only a chosen few
    From the wildlife act
    Obstructing licensed persons

80 A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

How about 5-14..... was hoping to be hunting my moose and deer in there this fall. Hoping to not see road blocks that I need to skirt around...
    Originally Posted by Squamch
    Are they claiming all of region 5? Just south of 20? I'm really not looking for trouble, but I'd like to utilize my draw in 5-12.

5-12 is not claimed by the Chilcotins, unless Ulgatcho gets on board there should be no problem.

Good news all, spotted a Cow with triplets on my drive in from work last week!! Observed them for 35 minutes while they went water to confirm no other cows in the immediate area. I have never seen triples before and saw twins only twice in my life. This is all I can contribute after reading 167+ posts of people with way more knowledge and experience than I.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    If you can produce without baits I would gladly change up the system.
    I just have my doubts your way would produce any better then baiting. I would love you to prove me wrong as I could fill up all winter with clients if I had a guide of your ability.
    Im not out to prove anything to you, so have all the doubts you want and continue with the way you do it. To bad you cant fill up your winter with your ways maybe time to try new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    "And what was this thread about again? Oh yea, the fact that moose numbers have hit rock bottom and there needs to be something done to improve the situation."

I was just going to bring that up. I don't think the OP was about moose numbers. I think it's about FNs competing with the provincial government for power. Seems to me like they're saying "The government may allow you to do something, but they aren't the guys calling the shots. We are, and we won't allow it".

We can argue about whether we need to shoot more wolves, shoot Jesse, stop hunting, stop spraying, or whatever, but the statement by the TNG isn't (in my opinion) really about moose. It's about sovereignty and who gets to exercise power. If moose weren't threatened they'd still want more control over territory that they believe they should control. The land settlement wasn't the end of the process.

The TNG is pretty leading edge on this, but the fact is that indigenous people exercise a great deal of influence over a lot of wildlife, and we haven't yet determined how that will work, long term.

We need to wrap our heads around that and make the best deal we can.
    Very predictable that a Fed member shows up trying to work up the pawns by creating more fear. Especially given that the Mule Deer study has an update and they are preparing themselves to blow sunshine up everyone's asses. Hahaha.

As for the true point of this thread, There are No Moose left to hunt!!! Lets keep it on topic. That is the reason the First Nations are making this an issue. Studies are all fine and dandy but that does nothing to grow moose now!!! I'll continue to beat the drum because we all know the true reason moose have tanked. WOLVES!!!! Lots of talk about social licence blah blah blah. Well guess what? The First Nations that many of you seem to want to pick a fight with actually have Social Licence to do someting about these damn dogs! Lets get to the table and lets get working on this together! The First Nations are the ones that hold the key to getting our moose back!

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Very predictable that a Fed member shows up trying to work up the pawns by creating more fear. Especially given that the Mule Deer study has an update and they are preparing themselves to blow sunshine up everyone's asses. Hahaha.

As for the true point of this thread, There are No Moose left to hunt!!! Lets keep it on topic. That is the reason the First Nations are making this an issue. Studies are all fine and dandy but that does nothing to grow moose now!!! I'll continue to beat the drum because we all know the true reason moose have tanked. WOLVES!!!! Lots of talk about social licence blah blah blah. Well guess what? The First Nations that many of you seem to want to pick a fight with actually have Social Licence to do someting about these damn dogs! Lets get to the table and lets get working on this together! The First Nations are the ones that hold the key to getting our moose back!
    You ask to keep things on topic yet you start ur post off with a personal attack on Rob Chipman by name and then hack the Fed. That certainly is not keeping things on topic.
    Nuts.

You underestimate the masses that can and do think for themselves.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea