Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Well what does our very own Gcreek have to say about his chief buddy????
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Are they claiming all of region 5? Just south of 20? I'm really not looking for trouble, but I'd like to utilize my draw in 5-12.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/v...81487863681150 hope this link works it is from 2012 read what the big chief has to say, what a joke
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Ahhh yes, more traditional practice claims regarding the harvest of an animal that wasn't in the area 500 years ago, with modern high powered rifles and scopes in locking differential 4x4s...sounds about right ��

Do it with a trad bow on foot and have at 'er, otherwise don't attack the best system in place to manage these moose populations in the first place...
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Moose first, then Mule deer next, not looking good for the guy who shoots his beak off to the resident hunter who has nothing left to live for....just saying.

Anyone who tries to threaten or harass me while I'm hunting on crown land had better look the **** out.

This native supremacy over the rest of Canada is being pushed by the university and far left wing academics/activists.
    It seems an "Indigenous Governance" university program where they teach "Indigenous resurgence" went through a race war of its own and got nasty between the first nations and other students. Why do they think its a good idea on a national scale?

The University of Victoria says it's "truly sorry" after a third-party review of its Indigenous Governance program found evidence of "dysfunctional classroom dynamics" that left current and former students "traumatized."

The university has decided to suspend new student enrolment for the graduate program, known as IGOV, for the 2018-2019 academic year to allow time for a revamp, said Nancy Wright, associate vice-president for academic planning.

"We see redeveloping this program as part of a process of healing and reconciliation," said Wright.

A confidential "participant's report," prepared by two conflict resolution experts and based on interviews with 30 current and former students and faculty, said the program suffered from "discrimination" and "hyper-masculinity" that provided little classroom space for diverse points of view.

"Most of those we heard from described the IGOV learning environment as stressful, in part, because of difficult classroom dynamics caused by a sense of entitlements, competition and unpredictability," said the April 19 report, released to participants and obtained by CBC News.

"From our interviews, it was apparent that the emotional and psychological impact of dysfunctional classroom dynamics can be profound."

The university hired Madeleine Kétéskwew Dion Stout, a retired professor and nurse who specializes in Indigenous health, racism, lateral violence and trauma, and Jamie Chicanot, a partner with ADR Education, a firm specializing in workplace conflict resolution, to conduct the review.

Concerns may already be well-known to school, says report
    The report said there was a feeling the program had "little tolerance for LGBTQ and two-spirited individuals" along with "inherent tensions" connected to the role and inclusion of "non-Indigenous students in the program."

The report recommended the university improve the program's "professionalism and classroom dynamics" by developing protocols "based on local Indigenous teachings and traditions."

It also recommended land-based education and creating more culturally and academically appropriate support systems along with anti-bullying and racism training.

The report also found that there was an "overarching impression that the concerns expressed to us are well known to the university."

Wright said the university appointed Dion Stout and Chicanot to lead the "environmental review" of the program last fall after the dean received a complaint in June 2017.

"In this case we implemented a specific university process ... to evaluate strengths and challenges," said Wright.

"It's not a fault-finding exercise and to assign blame."

Wright said former IGOV director Jeff Kanohalidoh Corntassel had decided to take a new position with the Indigenous Studies department, but it was not directly connected to the outcome of the review.

"He has chosen that opportunity," said Wright.

University to work toward rebuilding trust with students
    In a letter to IGOV alumni, Valerie Kuehne, provost and vice-president academic, said the university would be working with a team of Indigenous scholars and local Elders and community members to guide the redesign of the program.

"The university recognizes that there is work to be done in rebuilding that essential element of trust with students, faculty, staff, alumni of the program and the community," wrote Kuehne, in an April 19 letter obtained by CBC News.

The report noted that the program, which began in the late 1990s, was too good to let fail.

"The fundamental value and importance of a program such as IGOV is undeniable," said the report.

"It is an essential contributor to and catalyst for scholarship and academic discourse on issues such as decolonization, nationhood, resurgence and reconciliation."

The program currently has 24 master's and seven PhD students enrolled. The university said about 11 new students — 10 master's and one doctoral — were scheduled to take the program in the coming year. Wright said those students would be accommodated.
    Here is what they repeat everywhere at Simon Fraser University:

"We acknowledge that SFPIRG occupies unceded Indigenous land belonging to Coast Salish peoples. Unceded means that this land was never surrendered, relinquished or handed over in any way. We recognize that the unceded land that we occupy at SFU Burnaby includes the territories of the Musqueam, Skxwú7mesh, Tsleil-Waututh, and Kwikwetlem Nations."

"We seek to support the varied strategies that Indigenous peoples are using to protect their land and their communities, and we commit to dedicating time and resources to working in solidarity. We acknowledge that we, as people living and working on these lands, are accountable to the laws and protocols of the people who have cared for this land since time immemorial. It is our intention to continue learning how to honour this responsibility.

Today, most of BC remains unceded sovereign Native lands, over which neither the Canadian or BC governments have the legal or moral authority to govern."

Hmmm a PUBLIC institution proclaiming that the Canadian and BC governments have no legal or moral authority to govern....strange............
    Last edited by Sirloin; 07-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Are they claiming all of region 5? Just south of 20? I'm really not looking for trouble, but I'd like to utilize my draw in 5-12.

5-12 is not claimed by the Chilcotins, unless Ulgatcho gets on board there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Well what does our very own Gcreek have to say about his chief buddy????
    Joe is still a friend of mine. While I may not agree with some of the things they push, I have to respect their stance. Whiteys sure haven't taken the initiative on the moose issue.

For your info, they are encouraging band members not to kill moose.

Guys like you want them saved so they can kill the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Joe is still a friend of mine. While I may not agree with some of the things they push, I have to respect their stance. Whiteys sure haven't taken the initiative on the moose issue.

For your info, they are encouraging band members not to kill moose.

Guys like you want them saved so they can kill the last one.

You just gotta poke the pile....

Unofficial but internally recognized First Nation "Policy" across Canada is to accept overharvest of wildlife with the recognition that once limited, licenced hunters and non-indigenous peoples will be excluded from the resource, creating the political and legal opportunity to claim control and exclusive access for Indigenous peoples only.

Whitey is screwed in BC if they want to harvest their own wild food.