Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    The First Nations are the ones that hold the key to getting our moose back!
    Interesting statement....."hold the key" can be interpreted a lot of different ways but in the context that you wrote the above, I would have to agree with you.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

You underestimate the masses that can and do think for themselves.
    As do you.

As do you.
    No, no I don't.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Dana, everyone in this province is acutely aware that very little happens now without FN thanks to our current Gov.

There are some pretty awesome initiatives on the ground that took a lot of $$$ to make happen. Lot's of buzz and positives as a result. More will happen in the future as interest and support keeps growing for these type of initiatives.

Seeing a moose project in the future with the resources like that of the recent Mule Deer initiative .....future is looking better. It is a bit of sunshine in gloomy times.

So I am very confused. This winter you constantly slammed my position that First Nations needed to be at the table. The line that sticks out in my brain is you said something along the lines of 'so dana, you are putting your trust in a bunch of natives who have no skin in the game.' And now 6 months later, you are saying nothing happens without First Nations? Really??? What caused the flip in thinking?

As for studies, nope doesn't impress me. The moose in this province have been in serious decline for over a decade now. I beat the drum to death but was told I was a liar and I was just protecting my honey holes. Studies are going to do you little good when the bulk of your herd is non existant! Blow your sunshine up everyone's ass and tell them we need more $$$$ so we can study more. Nope! That ain't bring the moose back buddy. Way tooo little, way way way tooo late!

So I am very confused. This winter you constantly slammed my position that First Nations needed to be at the table. The line that sticks out in my brain is you said something along the lines of 'so dana, you are putting your trust in a bunch of natives who have no skin in the game.' And now 6 months later, you are saying nothing happens without First Nations? Really??? What caused the flip in thinking?

As for studies, nope doesn't impress me. The moose in this province have been in serious decline for over a decade now. I beat the drum to death but was told I was a liar and I was just protecting my honey holes. Studies are going to do you little good when the bulk of your herd is non existant! Blow your sunshine up everyone's ass and tell them we need more $$$$ so we can study more. Nope! That ain't bring the moose back buddy. Way tooo little, way way way tooo late!
    As I have said and repeated, follow the money, damn the wildlife!

Dana, you leave me speechless at times.

I will start with this....
    You have taken personal private correspondence between you and I over the years, you have then twisted and manipulated it, then openly share online an absolute BS version, breaching any possible trust as a result.
    Epic fail of character on your behalf.
    Your representation of purported conversations, my perspectives, have been manipulated beyond recognition.
    Which leads to this question....
    Why would you manipulate, put words in people's mouths?
    Why would anyone do that?
    Answer is obvious.

I do not need to like anyone to get along with or support them.
    The one and only thing I need is to respect them, their integrity.

You Steve Dana, do not have my respect.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Dana, you leave me speechless at times.

I will start with this....
    You have taken personal private correspondence between you and I over the years, you have then twisted and manipulated it, then openly share online an absolute BS version, breaching any possible trust as a result.
    Epic fail of character on your behalf.
    Your representation of purported conversations, my perspectives, have been manipulated beyond recognition.
    Which leads to this question....
    Why would you manipulate, put words in people's mouths?
    Why would anyone do that?
    Answer is obvious.

I do not need to like anyone to get along with or support them.
    The one and only thing I need is to respect them, their integrity.

You Steve Dana, do not have my respect.
    So, I take it you don't remember saying that on this very forum this winter. Hmmm, interesting. I take it you won't be playing your little game being nice to me any more too? That is too bad. Really liked the pretending to being cluesless to your game. I used to play that same game with JaZ. Hahaha!
    Last edited by dana; 07-17-2018 at 08:39 PM.

I cant help but ask the obvious. How much whiskey has been consumed in the making of this thread????

Dana, all I can say is whoever pissed in your Wheaties made big impression.

I say:

"indigenous people exercise a great deal of influence over a lot of wildlife, and we haven't yet determined how that will work, long term.We need to wrap our heads around that and make the best deal we can."

Each of those three things is true.

And yet you seem to interpret that as:

"The First Nations that many of you seem to want to pick a fight with..."

Recognizing
    reality, coming to grips with it and making a deal isn't picking a fight. It's actually the complete opposite.

BTW, is this the first time Chief Joe Alphonse has snarled at white authority? I don't think so. I think he's proven himself ready to stand up to power several times. I may not share all his goals, but I gotta recognize that he's got some cojones (and good for him).

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Dana, all I can say is whoever pissed in your Wheaties made big impression.

I say:

"indigenous people exercise a great deal of influence over a lot of wildlife, and we haven't yet determined how that will work, long term.We need to wrap our heads around that and make the best deal we can."

Each of those three things is true.

And yet you seem to interpret that as:

"The First Nations that many of you seem to want to pick a fight with..."

Recognizing
    reality, coming to grips with it and making a deal isn't picking a fight. It's actually the complete opposite.

BTW, is this the first time Chief Joe Alphonse has snarled at white authority? I don't think so. I think he's proven himself ready to stand up to power several times. I may not share all his goals, but I gotta recognize that he's got some cojones (and good for him).

Bring the topic back to us versus them or them versus us is what I am taking about. Fear mongering is classic Fed tactic. Remember the Allocation Wars on this board. Pit resisidents against another group and protray that group as being evil and all they want to do is take away 'your' moose. This thread is that 2.0. Like stated before, the Fed seems to want to pick a fight with everyone and take zero responsibility for their part in this mess. Heck, all winter long I battled with The Crew who were saying there was nothing wrong with the wildlife pops in this province. Hell, stats and charts and graphs proven it. But now suddenly we have issues and the Fed is going to fix it. So were they lying then or are the lying now or both? Seriously, you guys need to get your stories straight. But, lets make the lack of moose in this province not the topic. Lets change the channel and beat the old war drums that the natives are taking away our rights to hunt. See what I am taking about. When you posted up a response to me, you went straight to the Fear card and negelected the fact There Are No Moose left to hunt!!!