Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

This is how we should be hunting wolves......

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Piperdown, I agree with you on most of your points.

As for the part I’ve quoted here...there are a lot of people that have an issue with Mr Zeman and his “cherry picked” attack on rural people and their lifestyle.

I would suggest you read U Vic’s audit request, the slander cast towards cattle producers and endorsement of Weavers right to roam act.
    This request isn’t just a call for an audit..:.its a libelous attack against livestock producers and private property owners that seems to have been instigated by only a few of the BCWF executive, one or two paid employees and Weavers old cronies at U Vic.

Kind of strange that members of the fed executive and directors were kept out of the loop that the BCWF was going to start a range war, don’t you think.

As for the audit request on grazing tenures...I welcome it and believe what’s currently in place will mostly stand up under scrutiny.

Now I’ll tell you what the BCWF has done for moose recovery....Sweet F-all.
    They have only backed off of their stance of maximum access and harvest opportunity when someone else has called their hand and backed them down.

So Piperdown, if these pr***s get their way with their “right to roam” free for all will you let me know where your own deeded dirt is?
    I figure if I’ve got to share I might as well use someone elses
    Fair enough, when i get the time i will look into it can you supply me the link, now just a question in regards to cattle grazing do you feel they compete with the moose and deer population for food. At our cabin the wolf numbers are way down, i only shot 1, they are not the easiest to hunt but the local trappers have had good success, as for the bear population it is through the roof, 32 different bear in 5 days this May. Apparently according to Dana i voted for Dream Weaver and Horgan, but i know that is not the case, i for one wish there would be another election. You should be aware of the new voting changes they are trying to make if it goes through kiss your ass and anyone elses who lives north of Hope, the LML will rule the province. i must however admit my wife voted for Turdo, still a sore point and she admits it was a mistake but i love my wife so i forgave her. So do you have any intel on the new organization, oh and by the way i have not renewed my BCWF membership for 3 years after the mess that was happening so as of now i am on the fence.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Piperdown, if your serious pm me a phone# and we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The first sentence in the linked article is...The Tsilhqot’in National Government (TNG) will be attempting to ban Limited Entry Hunt (LEH) licenses for moose hunting in its territory this fall.
    I think this has alot of people wondering where this is going as the Moose pops have tanked everywhere, so what stops another band from following suit?
    Band members being onside with their leaders?? and whitey has the same issue's??
    I dont think so, maybe if the bands would level charges against their own rogue members with similiar penalties to what a BC resident would receive then that would be a step closer, but there isn't.

I think as far as conservation is concerned resident hunters are onside with the band, we all want the resource to flourish, or dont we?

"Leadership at the meeting also agreed by consensus to enact an emergency Tsilhqot’in law to protect moose populations by banning LEH in the territory, effectively restricting all non-First Nations from hunting moose."

Scary stuff^^^^^

I dont hunt there but know guys who do/did and they have seen what go's on, they dont have pics to prove it, their word is good enough for me. I have seen what happens in other area's of the province, I believe my own eyes and dont care what others think about that, I will say Mule deer are next.
    I'm not attacking the band/s right to hunt but rather the bands right to cull a hunt of their choosing while they continue to do the same.
    gcreek, There is nothing stopping any indian band in this country from enacting its own laws enabling them to charge its own members with hunting offences, nothing whatsoever.
    Leh down to 246 from 325.....G/O down from 145 to 128 and the FN quota is down from ? to ?...there is nothing stopping any indian band in this country from keeping stats if they were really interested in conservation, hey thats not an infringement of any indian bands right to hunt, section 35 or otherwise, and it should be implemented as soon as possible across the country because the same thing is happening elswhere, it smells fishy.
    I also agree with piperdown.
    A lot of excellence the points here.

I read the link with the same reaction as most who have posted here did and immediately gave my opinion to both Joe Alphonse and Jimmy Lulua, new chief of Nehemiah. I expressed to them that they would receive a lot more support if their announcement included all hunters and a proposal of what they are wanting done with predators. Their replies were similar in that they were encouraging band member to leave moose alone and that addressing the predator issue is high on their priority list.

Imhope they walk what what they talk but at least they are concerned about the problem.

I haven’t heard of any Hunter groups speaking the same thoughts, that is why my opinion stands as it does.

Personally, I have killed 5 moose in my life to put food on the table, I prefer beef, lamb and pork of our own raising. I have no problem with those hunting as long as no abuse and the population supports hunting. I don’t believe it does at present. I also took it upon myself to get the RCMP involved when 7 moose were killed in one day in our area, one of them being on our private land. The RCMP can’t stop the hunting but they did collect a few firearms that had no PAL with them , a couple of vehicles with drunk drivers and a unregistered snow machine. Definitely curtailed the guys that were selling for a while.........

I enjoy seeing moose,even if they create work in fence repair and steal a little hay in the winter. I will continue to help them as long as they are in trouble.

I have also been responsible for the removal of more wolves than most on this site but that is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    If resident hunters LEH are being curtailed...I was wondering how many Moose the G/O are going to be giving up?
    or is it just the RH who are being targeted?

Yes, local outfitters have been cut back also. One is down to 2/3 of one moose per year or 2moose in 3 years. Hard to keep infrastructure for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    This is how we should be hunting wolves......

No need for night hunting of any animal. Personally find wolves fairly easy to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Personally find wolves fairly easy to hunt.
    You’re an exception!
    How many wolves do you kill in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    No need for night hunting of any animal. Personally find wolves fairly easy to hunt.
    You should offer a course.
    Interested in how much you have actually have done. I am always looking for good guides.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Years of over harvest, under management, over population, deforestation will do that.
    I have yet to hear one resident hunter say that he is going to reduce his harvest to help conservation.
    Well SAID ! every body wants there moose BUT there not willing to give up 5 years of hunting time ! jmo RJ

Arrow Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Nog, I thought you and your buds were the “ Droolin Dalton Gang”......
    LOL! Nice to be "recognized" by one of the The Gang, but I'm certainly not in it as you well know.
    Anyway, good to know you ain't "Ike" Mike.

Carry On...

LOL
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me