Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Thumbs up Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    ... There are some pretty awesome initiatives on the ground that took a lot of $$$ to make happen. Lot's of buzz and positives as a result. More will happen in the future as interest and support keeps growing for these type of initiatives.

Seeing a moose project in the future with the resources like that of the recent Mule Deer initiative .....future is looking better. It is a bit of sunshine in gloomy times.
    AbSoEffingLutelY!

Thanks so much Ourea for being a breath of fresh air in an otherwise noxious environment!
    Appreciated!!

Cheers Indeed!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: No more Moose hunting for you, Whitey

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Dana, everyone in this province is acutely aware that very little happens now without FN thanks to our current Gov.

There are some pretty awesome initiatives on the ground that took a lot of $$$ to make happen. Lot's of buzz and positives as a result. More will happen in the future as interest and support keeps growing for these type of initiatives.

Seeing a moose project in the future with the resources like that of the recent Mule Deer initiative .....future is looking better. It is a bit of sunshine in gloomy times.
    Moose projects are happening Ourea.
    Thats the key...we need more of these types of initiatives, but then when the problems are identified something needs done about it.

$$$$$ being dedicated to the resource at a large scale is where we need to get.
    I'm just not sure how many casualties there will be along the way by the looks at all the petty infighting and mudslinging. Com'on folks.....let's pull up our socks!!

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    You do bait hunts not my style, you can get anyone for that, that has the patience to sit there all day.
    Forgot to answer your question, for quit a few more years then you have been guiding.
    If you can produce without baits I would gladly change up the system.
    I just have my doubts your way would produce any better then baiting. I would love you to prove me wrong as I could fill up all winter with clients if I had a guide of your ability.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    If you can produce without baits I would gladly change up the system.
    I just have my doubts your way would produce any better then baiting. I would love you to prove me wrong as I could fill up all winter with clients if I had a guide of your ability.
    Careful Doug, don’t question ability or integrity or you’ll get labelled as one of the “ word twisting Droolin Dalton boys”.
    Its a good thing it’s about time to head to the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Its a good thing it’s about time to head to the mountains.
    Ya I so agree...I welcome my own induced exile from HBC for a few months.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

This is all very discouraging news to my gal and I as after 12 years of waiting for a draw, she finally draws one in 5-12B. We are now on the fence as to whether we should go or not. We live on Vancouver island and have a long trip to get there only to be discouraged by running into pissed off natives over a decision that was made by the GC. We go hunting for the love of getting out in the wilderness and loving the nature and scenery that everyone on this earth should be entitled to share. Our motto has always been to except our annual hunting trip as a vacation and if we happen to harvest an animal, then we consider ourselves one of the fortunate ones that don't have to fight the rising costs of store bought meat.
    I truly hope the natives and the GC can sort this crap out as I don't feel like vacationing in a potential war-zone with the woman I love but am willing to go elsewhere to protect her from any possible violent situations. Any thoughts?

I have no idea if this would work, but if I had the tag I would be making a call to the band office and getting their take on the hunt.
    you know, the whole consultation thing. Maybe get a wave of the feather and a safe pass
    Elsewhere mushroom pickers are getting permits, and have my own feelings about wagon vs teepee burning but when you want something sometimes the high road is the way to go........maybe
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    I have no idea if this would work, but if I had the tag I would be making a call to the band office and getting their take on the hunt.
    you know, the whole consultation thing. Maybe get a wave of the feather and a safe pass
    Elsewhere mushroom pickers are getting permits, and have my own feelings about wagon vs teepee burning but when you want something sometimes the high road is the way to go........maybe
    I would agree this is worth a shot for those with a draw. If the chief gives the ok it can give you peace of mind and an easy way to defuse a possible confrontation with unruly band members if you cross paths with them

It is sad that this should be considered but with the present situation a phone call would be wise to see where you stand

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I would agree this is worth a shot for those with a draw. If the chief gives the ok it can give you peace of mind and an easy way to defuse a possible confrontation with unruly band members if you cross paths with them

It is sad that this should be considered but with the present situation a phone call would be wise to see where you stand
    I suppose its worth a try, keep in mind the chief of any indian band I have known has zero control over its people, so I would find out if they at least respect your LEH, if there is doubt either dont go or be prepared for the worst if you do go.