Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie hunter looking for areas in Region 8 late September (Whitetail,Blacktail,bear)

Rookie hunter looking for areas in Region 8 late September (Whitetail,Blacktail,bear)

hey Guys,

I'm a BC guy who now lives in Ontario and looking to come back to the Okanagan and Kelowna area late September to introduce hunting to a few of my Ontario friends who now live out west. I don't have any boots on the ground as these guys are very new to hunting and also have too many kids in my opinion, so time is hard to come by for them.

I'm doing the leg work here, but I'm told that there is considerable pressure around late September in specific parts of Region 8 for White tail and Mule Deer Obviously I"m not asking you to give away you favorite hunting spots, but any areas that you would recommend for a few guys to go out camping and hunting for 3-4 days?

We are more then capable in the back country, so the further out the better to avoid hunting pressure. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Am looking at getting Whitetail, Blacktail, and Black Bear tags to make the most of our time. Stoked to get new hunters into the sport and to come back to an area Ive always enjoyed visiting but have never had the chance to hunt in!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rookie hunter looking for areas in Region 8 late September (Whitetail,Blacktail,b

1.do you have permission from the government to hunt here....eg permit?
    2.hunting pressure will be high everywhere...
    3.no blactails in region 8 except for maybe where 8 meet 2 around manning park.and just up the coquihalla

Re: Rookie hunter looking for areas in Region 8 late September (Whitetail,Blacktail,b

head out by christinal lake you will see bears turkeys whitetail and of your lucky elk.

Just to be clear, if you live in Ontario and have not actually lived in BC for the last six months you can't hunt here.

If your ex-Ontario now BC friends have 6 months residency here they can hunt and get you a permit to accompany but they better apply pretty darn fast.

Hey. Please have bear tags. And harvest as many as u can. Oh and please please please have ur guns ready and take any wolf or coyote u see. Thank U...!....!....!

Quote Originally Posted by Hublocker View Post
    Just to be clear, if you live in Ontario and have not actually lived in BC for the last six months you can't hunt here.

If your ex-Ontario now BC friends have 6 months residency here they can hunt and get you a permit to accompany but they better apply pretty darn fast.
    The friends also need to have held a bc hunting licence in good standing for the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by canucks6 View Post
    Hey. Please have bear tags. And harvest as many as u can. Oh and please please please have ur guns ready and take any wolf or coyote u see. Thank U...!....!....!
    English isn't a requirement either so your probably ok.

a mule deer and a black tail are considered the same species that why there the same tag covers both species

One post and he didn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hublocker View Post
    One post and he didn't come back.
    Maybe he saw some of the other "discussions" on HBC and was scared away...