Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another heli bike tenure application (pemberton)

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: Another heli bike tenure application (pemberton)

Quote Originally Posted by the hopper View Post
    Yes the goats are extremely bothered by helicopters as well even more so then the bears, that original post was put on a bunch of save the bear websites haha, I figured they may as well do something useful for once.
    Grizzly bears are a concern in that area too for sure though. The cascade population is struggling a bit, and they're known to mate in that valley as in others nearby. It's certainly not a location where they are ubiquitous, and they likely face a near term threat of extirpation in the range, if habitat integrity is not maintained.

Unfortunately it seems to owe itself to a market driven "sense of entitlement to those who have the income and really don't care much else about the impact they may have....I have a mountain bike, I have $$$, I want to do this now situation. Is there a helicopter company that has a sense of value for those hard to get to locations? I am not sure if I know of any. That industry is high expense and high cost so "I'll fly you almost anywhere (they do avoid the odd spot I trust) to bring income in. (This is just my thought, I may be wrong...)

Get involved with your local "Land Resource Management Planning" (LRMP) and share your concerns.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

To each his own, but I have no problem with heli biking, or heli skiing or heli fishing, or using a heli to have sex in really cool places.

The guys that fly into the Chilcotin for biking aren't exactly ruining the Chilcotin for me and I personally don't see huge hordes of rich people on bikes rendering the Tenquille lake area unpleasant. But hey, I live in Squamish. People on bikes doing unprecedented things just sort of add to the cultural fabric around here.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    To each his own, but I have no problem with heli biking, or heli skiing or heli fishing, or using a heli to have sex in really cool places.

The guys that fly into the Chilcotin for biking aren't exactly ruining the Chilcotin for me and I personally don't see huge hordes of rich people on bikes rendering the Tenquille lake area unpleasant. But hey, I live in Squamish. People on bikes doing unprecedented things just sort of add to the cultural fabric around here.

Flying in on a fixed wing aircraft to a lake or lakes where climbing out multiple valleys over a couple days is required is very different then a 1.5 hour round trip lap in a Heli. It’s more like horse access in a sense fixed winging in and travelling through and around I have no problem with it.

And nobody is talking about sexy times in a heli, heli skiing, or heli fishing here... except that one other dude said he pissed off some hikers which is probably true, shit happens.

This is very much about short turnaround times from the highest points through critical habitat and unlimited terrain development anywhere... with high market potential. that’s the major difference between this and fixed wing.
    first they build these trails. next year they expand the tenure, and pretty soon you’ve got a hundred different mountains with high traffic potential.

In Squamish you have no goats or grizzlys where they have been heli lapping in brittania since like 1993 so Im not sure it’s unprecedented... and I doubt goats and grizzlies will ever be back up there again on “goat ridge” oh the irony. What a Barren wasteland of recreational destruction that place has become lol.
    i grew up there and watched over recreation that I was directly involved in turn that place into a theme park. moved north 6 years ago and now realize there’s things that are way more important then fun.
    Wildlife and wild places are one of these and over recreating in some places just isn’t the way forward.

its also not really about Making it unpleasant lol.
    I’m not going to be hanging out anywhere near that racket haha
    There’s just no need for it in the first place especially in a bear and goat recovery area.

my quarrel is not with other hunters here though so I can’t respond to any more of these heli biking is great posts in desperation I’ve been reaching out to all manner eco terrorism groups like, pacific wild. which I hope can throw thousands of cat ladies into the fight. So I probably don’t need hunters help.
    The same cat ladies who “saved” cuddly grizzlies from those mean trophy hunters are our best hope.
    Man the worlds gone crazy lol. Cat ladies hahaha..... I never woulda thought i would need help from thousands of cat ladies in Missouri ever in my life. Yet here I am.
    Last edited by the hopper; 07-09-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

Pemby_mess Guest

Flying in on a fixed wing aircraft to a lake or lakes where climbing out multiple valleys over a couple days is required is very different then a 1.5 hour round trip lap in a Heli. It’s more like horse access in a sense fixed winging in and travelling through and around I have no problem with it.

And nobody is talking about sexy times in a heli, heli skiing, or heli fishing here... except that one other dude said he pissed off some hikers which is probably true, shit happens.

This is very much about short turnaround times from the highest points through critical habitat and unlimited terrain development anywhere... with high market potential. that’s the major difference between this and fixed wing.
    first they build these trails. next year they expand the tenure, and pretty soon you’ve got a hundred different mountains with high traffic potential.

In Squamish you have no goats or grizzlys where they have been heli lapping in brittania since like 1993 so Im not sure it’s unprecedented... and I doubt goats and grizzlies will ever be back up there again on “goat ridge” oh the irony. What a Barren wasteland of recreational destruction that place has become lol.
    i grew up there and watched over recreation that I was directly involved in turn that place into a theme park. moved north 6 years ago and now realize there’s things that are way more important then fun.
    Wildlife and wild places are one of these and over recreating in some places just isn’t the way forward.

its also not really about Making it unpleasant lol.
    I’m not going to be hanging out anywhere near that racket haha
    There’s just no need for it in the first place especially in a bear and goat recovery area.

my quarrel is not with other hunters here though so I can’t respond to any more of these heli biking is great posts in desperation I’ve been reaching out to all manner eco terrorism groups like, pacific wild. which I hope can throw thousands of cat ladies into the fight. So I probably don’t need hunters help.
    The same cat ladies who “saved” cuddly grizzlies from those mean trophy hunters are our best hope.
    Man the worlds gone crazy lol. Cat ladies hahaha..... I never woulda thought i would need help from thousands of cat ladies in Missouri ever in my life. Yet here I am.
    lol

the c...hopper.....broblem?? why. let them with big $ do what they do..fishing,,hunting..skiiing..heli sexing? or maybe not,.,.they bring mula for economics..

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post

To each his own - yeah for sure, but to each it's place.

I am not against the concept at all, and Pemberton needs more stuff like this for sure. But Tenquille doesn't need it. It has a hundred year history of use by locals. There's a new cabin that's been built there for people that hike in and is an easily accessible, high value, wilderness route. Refuge for wildlife too.

BC really needs a comprehensive land use plan. Hunters should probably be a part of that. Can't just open up all the near country to intensive commercial use. It's so unessecary.

I'm just playing devils advocate... I do see your point with regular flights. My altitude is usually hard earned. It is a good friend with the chopper - being invited is always a special treat.

We have had grizzlies at the chopper about 30 minutes after we shut down. Once the turbine starts to spool up they bugger off pdq. We have also had elk grazing under the rotors...

Goats do clear out though...
    Last edited by elch jager; 07-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Go here with a personal letter on your opinion:

https://arfd.gov.bc.ca/ApplicationPo...ng%2F&id=55367

A) Goat ridge is far from a recreational wasteland. Buddy of mine is chief pilot for Black Tusk and says drops are rare. It is a lot harder to generate "intensive traffic" than most people think.
    B) I don't admire your partnership with the cat ladies. As you point out, they are enemies of our way of life. If you think you can give them strength and power on your chosen topic but be protected from them when it comes to hunting, you are mistaken.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?