Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Vortex Experience

Re: Negative Vortex Experience

I never understood the Vortex ”hipe”. A few buddies had different scopes and they all said the same thing “ if anything ever happens they’ll just send me a new one”. They wouldn’t have been so pumped on Vortex had the failure come with a once in a lifetime buck, bull , ram on the other side of the objective. But, to each their own I suppose.

So much anger and hate towards Vortex. I mainly use Leupold riflescopes, but have owned about 18 Vortex riflescopes in the last 7-8 years and have only had one warranty issue (illuminated reticle wouldn't work). Hunted many days with Viper & Razor binos & spotting scopes with no issues. Great company, truly the best in the industry for service and their product innovation makes other companies quickly take note and play catch up.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I had the same experience with my vortex binos...after the second time sending them in I was frustrated and sold them then picked up Zeiss.....

Wow seriously $3500 for grade c optics..?..
    Hmm Swaro binos, spot scope..all 3 rifles Leupy..one failure 25 years ago for my twin brothers rifle scope..and 2 years ago..a 3rd hand Leupy was replaced by Korth..no hassel..brand new unit..forever means forever and usually no concerns .
    Not a fan of vortex etc.

Buy once cry once..
    Good luck.
    Cheers
    Steven

Ps call Omer in Quesnel..he will definatley help.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I had the same experience with my vortex binos...after the second time sending them in I was frustrated and sold them then picked up Zeiss.....
    which line if binos...several levels? Was looking at razors recently and they looked pretty good I thought

So it sounds like the cheaper line ( diamond ) is junk, as many guys are having problems with them.

BRimmer: did you ask for a refund? Seems like the best option.

I've had a Diamondback HP 2-8x on my 300wm for years now with no issues
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have all vortex razor spotter all good and low end Binos no issues. Also go with leupold scopes in this family on all the members

I bought into the hype as well and bought Vortex Viper bino and a rifle scope and they both failed the binos failed on my dream Saskatchewan whitetail hunt -25 weather they were garbage fogged up everything broke on them thank God my buddy there lent me his pair or my aunt may have been over. And my Vortex Viper scope failed and fogged up as well and wouldn't hold zero or track at all. Yes both times I had quick turnaround with my repair but as soon as I receive them back I sold them and went back to Leupold