Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Vortex Experience

Re: Negative Vortex Experience

Hmmm go watch a Marco Polo sheep hunt..where the hunt is $70,000...plus flights etc...look what they are using..besides 10 shot Colorado buck..who must use his sponsored gear..hmmm lots of Swarovski, Leica...
    When the $$$$$$$ is on the line......
    Good luck
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm go watch a Marco Polo sheep hunt..where the hunt is $70,000...plus flights etc...look what they are using..besides 10 shot Colorado buck..who must use his sponsored gear..hmmm lots of Swarovski, Leica...
    When the $$$$$$$ is on the line......
    Good luck
    Steven
    That's not even relevant, I'm pretty sure if a guy can afford a Marco Polo sheep hunt he'd be able to afford the best optics, we're talking HuntingBC, not everybody can afford that! Personally I use Vortex binos but Leupolds live on top of all my guns! Never a warranty issue with either. K

Hmmm all 3 of my rifle scopes are Leupold..other optics spotter..binos Swaro..spend 10 years finding the right animal...all the time looky looky see..said Clayton Mack..
    Hmm free to use your choice..but vortex are not top of the line..buy once..cry once.
    Cheers
    Steven

Hmmm all 3 of my rifle scopes are Leupold..other optics spotter..binos Swaro..spend 10 years finding the right animal...all the time looky looky see..said Clayton Mack..
    Hmm free to use your choice..but vortex are not top of the line..buy once..cry once.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Buy once cry once .... except if you're applying that to everything then you're crying all the time.

One must pick and choose where the $$$ goes. For some its ultra high end optics. For others it isn't.

Add up all the money you waste on say entertainment, phone bills, Internet, cable, satellite, cigarettes, weed, junk food, fancy vehicle payments and/or upgrades, shit the ole lady says you 'need' for the house, etc etc etc. Cut that out for one year there's your optics payed for, the best money can buy. No excuse not to have the best in my humble and generally cheap ass opinion...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Add up all the money you waste on say entertainment, phone bills, Internet, cable, satellite, cigarettes, weed, junk food, fancy vehicle payments and/or upgrades, shit the ole lady says you 'need' for the house, etc etc etc. Cut that out for one year there's your optics payed for, the best money can buy. No excuse not to have the best in my humble and generally cheap ass opinion...
    yep. Guys will spend hundreds every year on fuel alone while hunting, yet put a bottom-shelf scope on their rifle to save a few hundred.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Cheers
    Steven
    So true...bit the bullet 25 years ago on Swaro binos and scope.....zero issues. Don't skimp on optics. Buy once...
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    yep. Guys will spend hundreds every year on fuel alone while hunting, yet put a bottom-shelf scope on their rifle to save a few hundred.
    Penny smart, $$$$$$ stupid .......
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Owned Vortex Viper HD Binocs going close to 10 years now, never an issue and I definitely don't take care of them like I should. They've actually taken some horrible abuse that's almost embarrassing, as I'm pretty picky about taking care of my gear. Also own a Viper spotting scope and a Viper 3-9 on my 325 WSM.

Zero issues with any of them from mountain hunts to minus 20 winter deer and predator hunting. I haven't adjusted the Viper scope in 3 years - ever year it gets bounced around, dropped, frozen, thawed, and is still holding it's POI with the same load. I'm sold on the quality. I would put the Viper scope almost on par with my Leupold 2.5-8 VX3, which I firmly believe is the all around best hunting rifle scope ever made.

However, I also know that the Diamondback line has some issues here and there. I would never put one on a serious hunting rifle. Same as I'll never ever buy a Leupold VX1 for a hunting rifle again, have had major issues with a number of them, even a few with VX2 scopes. Probably fine if you hunt from a pickup 95% of the time though.

When any other Scope manufacturer make scope’s to outshine the vortex Razar HD, and we see them on any rifles competing in PRC’s across the US, we may consider changing - until then we will stick to match proven technology.

we tend to shoot a thousand rounds (practice only) between matches - and compete in 8 - 10 matches (300 to 400 round per match) per year, we need optics that can handle sustained pressure, hold set points and operate in any conditions.

The vortex Razors do it day in day out - month in and month out - year in and year out - and that’s all I cann say about rifle scopes.
    Last edited by Stormy; 07-11-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!