Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Vortex Experience

Re: Negative Vortex Experience

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    which line if binos...several levels? Was looking at razors recently and they looked pretty good I thought
    Hmm I honestly can't remember, but they were about $750 brand new....

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    So it sounds like the cheaper line ( diamond ) is junk, as many guys are having problems with them.
    I've had the cheaper diamondback binoculars and they have been great. I think I paid $230 back in 2008

And I've really been bashing them the last 3 years. They've held up pretty damn good and have been 100% soaked many times!

No exp with their scopes though

I have a vortex viper 2.5 x10 -44, had it for several years now, hunted in extreme weather conditions from sleat and pissing rain in northern Alberta -20 in eastern Alberta, preformed great in all conditions, excellant in low light conditions. I would highly recommend vortex viper line.

"I can take a sh't in a box and mark it guaranteed, but it's still just going to be a guaranteed piece of sh.t." Big Boar July 7/15 5:05 AM

So many adventures, stories and laughs.......this is one of the laugh's that will always stay with me!! Thanks Dave!! You are missed!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Funny, this is the first time I've heard anything negative abou Blurtex Hahahahahahahaha
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Ive taken deer with Vortex, it was the best I could afford at the time and served me well.
    I now prefer leupold, but still have a vortex on one of them and use vortex binos. No issues, never needed warranty.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Great company, truly the best in the industry for service and their product innovation makes other companies quickly take note and play catch up.
    What complete horeshit. If I won a Vortex I wouldn't accept it. Innovation? You mean "Borrowing" other companies designs don't you?
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Like any other optics company, Vortex higher end stuff is more reliable and better quality than their lower end stuff. Leupold included! I wouldn't use one of Leupolds budget models on a hard hunted rifle, ever.

I've got a number of Vortex products and have had to use the Vortex warranty twice. Once on a Sparc red dot that wouldn't hold zero after 12K rounds on an AR15, and one Viper 4-16 that lost it's turret after 1623 rounds of 50 BMG.

I've also had to use warranty or send for repairs optics by various companies. Leupold a few times for things like broken reticles, won't hold zero and having a turret fall off. Swarovski wouldn't hold zero. Leica binoculars had eye piece fall off once. Another pair one tube went blurry. Bushnell had broken reticles and wandering zeros too. Latest is a Burris scope that won't hold zero after 15K rounds and a Burris red dot that wont' adjust zero anymore.

Your best bet in optics is to pick a reputable company and go with one of their upper end models, but even that doesn't always work, as you can see by my experiences with top of the line optics croaking too.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    What complete horeshit. If I won a Vortex I wouldn't accept it. Innovation? You mean "Borrowing" other companies designs don't you?
    So much anger. Point out a few examples of Vortex stealing another company's design
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    So much anger and hate towards Vortex. I mainly use Leupold riflescopes, but have owned about 18 Vortex riflescopes in the last 7-8 years and have only had one warranty issue (illuminated reticle wouldn't work). Hunted many days with Viper & Razor binos & spotting scopes with no issues. Great company, truly the best in the industry for service and their product innovation makes other companies quickly take note and play catch up.
    I have had three major issues with riflescopes in the past 15 years, one Bushnell 1-4x20 which would not hold parallax, 1 vortex Viper PST 1st FFP where first the illumination failed (or rather was defective from the beginng) and then the reticle loosened ( returned via Nechako Outdoors) and a diamondback 2x7x42 which was initially on a 22 Hornet and then on a 8x57 and initiatively had a parallax set to 25 m and then also would not hold the zero ( again loose reticle), returned for 20$ postage to Vortex, then after repair tried to shoot a square with a 22 mag on the range, it does not track at all. Vortex would not refund the money, so I am wondering to shoot it up in a video, but I am not malicious enough. For now it just sits in my shelf as a reminder.
    Vortex seems to divide the opinions sharply, there are some who are very happy, particularly with the higher end products and then there are folks like me with 2/2 failures, repeated need for service ( which is not free, you pay shipping and you have to replace the item in the meantime, and the ammo, gas and work to get the gun sighted in again). Not in the refund. I think they are just importers of China Crap with hit and miss quality control, but they really flooded the market about 10 years ago and the crap is in their calculation. My hunting moments are to important to relay on the n questions asked warranty ( can I at least ask some??), so it is Zeiss, Leupold Swaro and Nightforce on my guns. For tough hunts: Nightforce or Leupold.