Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Vortex Experience

Re: Negative Vortex Experience

I had a vortex scope fail, cost me a good blacktail too. But the reason mine leaked was because the guy who mounted my scope overtorqued the rings. Vortex was great to deal with, sent me a brand new scope and I mounted it myself this time.

Fog on the inside of a scope and fog on the outside are two DIFFERENT things. I am guessing the OP had his scope fog up on the inside. A good scope will not fog up on the inside so no the leupy will not do the same thing in those conditions.

I’ll give you a hundred for it

I’ve had negative and positive Vortex experiences. My Diamondback 2-8 didn’t last on a snappy light 375. Lot of features for the price, something had to give I guess. Does fine on my 30-06. My Leo VX3 1.5-5 is pretty basic, lower mag, heavier rifle, no issues on a 375. I did break an action screw and splinter an unheeded Boyd’s stock on the heavier 375 though. I’ve learmed there is no such thing as a “free” lunch. Same as a high hp program in a pickup with a stock trans. Pay to play, inexpensive stuff doesn’t hold together when you use it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    After my Vortex Viper scope purchase and looking through my buddies spotter. Everything from now on is Vortex for me. New binos before fall hopefully. My scope had water on it one day in the fall but it's my fault for not having it covered from heavy rain. I had a hard time cleaning it but cleared up eventually.

You'd think after the first missed opportunity at a buck you'd learn your lesson! Leupold scope will do the same in the same conditions. But I'd bet they are more difficult to deal with than Vortex.
    When i hade issues with my vx III b&c I sent it to korth industries in okotoks. I had it back in 3 weeks.

i dont think your blacktail hunting if your scope isnt getting fogged.

outside that is... lens cleaning kit goes a long ways

I got talked into a vortex once. I may as well have put a rolled up magazine in the rings because it would have been a lot less expensive and more accurate! The service I got when I called them was just lip service telling me it must be something wrong with the mounting. I bought a leupold for the gun and all my problems were solved.

Many years with Leupy’s....never an issue....no need to mess with success

I've had many Vortex products and have nothing but good things to say on my end.