Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fishtrap

Re: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fish

--> I wood like to mention that anyone, who enjoys walking slowly along with your rifle in prime mule deer habitat and being able to scan hundreds of yards across little valleys, this is thee spot in BC for mule deer now that all the trails made by those ATV's over the last decade are now walking paths for us still hunters.
    Jel -- Stairway to heaven -- no more rev vin -- trails to walk -- as fast or slow as you wanna go! -- Your going to see mules -- with antlers -- nice ones
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-07-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Re: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fish

Hello Jelvis
    You are posting good information for those of us who may have been successful with harvesting other species but have had no luck with mulies....myself included !
    Thanks !
    Arctic Lake

I bet this thread has some people wanting it locked and deleted
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Sounds like Hot Toddy's been to Skull - Hahaha - I know what your saying about not wanting it known, but a person still has to drive up and in from Vancouver, Lower Mainland, 3 hours complete right to Skull so no big deal. That's the beauty of this location, world class mule bucks in the southern interior, not far from the Fraser Valley.
    -- so close to get to and such gorgeous topography it's mind blowing.
    Jel -- Some of those North Thompson hunters in Lil Fort etc Hahahaha -- we know you know where the Skull Mtn muley bucks are -- Fhorshur
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-07-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Ok sold I'll be there opening day give it a go

I want to tell you if you go early - like right opening day, you will be able to make your mark in the Skull Mt atmosphere. You will see, you will walk, you will fall in love.
    Then, once you've made your mark, you have a life time top shelf mule deer hunting spot for ever. No need to go to some place like Colorado or Nevada.
    -- Just go, and once you walk around and use your compass, walk the atv trails too if you wish, keep eyes open and scanning.
    We will work this thread together as we go along, we have 55 days left til Sept 1, 2018 and we hit no atv's for hunting also.
    --This is how we show appreciation for the sport of mule deer hunting and the Ministry's super decision. By going and making this our main spot.
    Jel -- Stick along - you already know from the information given so far where to go anyways, the starting point of this magnificent area. I will define more as we go.
    - I appreciate Arctic Lake's comments and hope he goes and see's and hunts, and Popo, is going to fall in love with Skull - MU 3-28 -> ( Camp Nine and Rexford Lake).
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-07-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Skull Mountain thee Muley Buck Fountain

In today's world there are very few secrets.
    Internet, social media and the likes .......hundreds, if not thousands of people know of a kill before the hunter has cut his tag or a blade touches the animal.

There are big bucks in every region of BC.
    That will never change.
    Their numbers and overall population density will. Sadly.

Big bucks, giant bucks, will always be there.
    Reality is that most hunters stand no chance in killing them because they simply don't invest enough time in the process.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

You have to enjoy mule deer buck hunting, this way it's not work, it's fun, and Region 3 at Skull is thee spot now! This is a pleasurable spot to hunt, not a gut wrenching, exhausting endeavor, this hunt in this area I'm talking about is pure pleasure if you really want mule deer country this is the best.
    == and yet, if you want too turn it up a notch and get super hunter going, this spot supplies all your needs and more. For all of us, no matter how great a shape your in, if you can walk, you can get a spot here.
    Jel -- just be patient for now, stay in the present, and we will cover spots in particular that have proven very rewarding for the big buck mule and a hat rack.

Link this thread with Jelvis shows spots around Kamloops
    Jel -- we can see where Skull is and Rexford and Camp 9 and Wolsey Creek and such --MU 3-28 --- in 2018 -- Hat Rack Patty Wack!

bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ourea View Post
    in today's world there are very few secrets.
    Internet, social media and the likes .......hundreds, if not thousands of people know of a kill before the hunter has cut his tag or a blade touches the animal.

There are big bucks in every region of bc.
    That will never change.
    Their numbers and overall population density will. Sadly.

Big bucks, giant bucks, will always be there.
    Reality is that most hunters stand no chance in killing them because they simply don't invest enough time in the process.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom