Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Re: Fraser river salmon fishing..

ps educate everyone you know why not to buy native caught fraser river salmon.. when thwy brag at the deal it was educate them they are robbing every one who lives in this province...its no different than buying stolen merchandise....should be reported...period

Grew up fishing the Fraser and it has been going down hill every year

And I agree there is a ton of issues when it comes to salmon and 90% are ignored by most

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    70percent of my protein i have ever eaten has been salmon and mule deer...looking for 1 smoking gun is a joke.
    most issues are multiple factors...
    being a builder i always anylize accidents and failures...
    normally its not 1 issue that causes it its 6-8...
    i am not well enough rounded in ocean conditions but learning kelp beds being ripped up for traffoc is a new item...

i also wonder the effects of offshore dumping if you have more blue clay than you can dispose of you pay a barge to take it out and drop it??? keep in mind this coming from the guy who oversaw the largest building excavation in western canada.
    i cant vote for green as tbey are too left wing...i cant vote liberal there too rape and pillage and there leader is embarresing what do you do...
    any industy above listed a fair compermize should be put in place so they can still operate...if thats a tax break so be it..quit giving leaches so much cash.
    half my income right know is off subsidized houseing even though i disagee with it.

this province needs a real leader and federal fisheries should be shut down....
    the freshwater fisheries of bc is a good step i for one would like to see them take over aggresively and manage it all.

the only good thing about fisheries and oceans is if they do charge someone its a federal charge.
    what about some good protests if everyone set a anchour for commercial and native opening what would they do....?

they do greasy 6 hour openings starting at 11pm so we do not see it..
    if as many people anchoured below the mission bridge as show up for a opening up stream that would be pretty congested...i believe night fishing for sturgeon closed to help get us out of the way..poaching has very low impact on the sturgeon population..
    last time i night fished for sturgeon we called it a night at 35..
    yes i am pissed its a domineint run and we probably will not get any unless we buy them..close the salmon period from pg too steveston out to the gulf...

valid and sound points, kick the clown from Ottawa in the nuts and see if you can make it happen.....
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

i am just a stupid land owner trying for farm satus i just call the cards i see.......if i can get backing will keep pushing. its pretty clear.

ding ding we have a winner
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

so do we ask brian chan if he wants to push..???

we need someone to start cleaning this up..

and we need tp support them...

if we can not protect our natural resources..we are becoming third world...

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    I predict no sockeye opening for the people who have the least impact on the river, and basically unregulated netting of it from the mouth up to hope.
    Exactly.......
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

sadly russm is probably right but rather than be sad about it i think we should be asking our mla an mp what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    valid and sound points, kick the clown from Ottawa in the nuts and see if you can make it happen.....
    Sure the clown in Ottawa is "nut" free gender neutral
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Another big thing that would help would be no salmon parts for sturgeon fishing!
    all the well known guides have been buying endangered springs off of the FN to be used as sturgeon bait!
    absolutely disgusting.....biggest greasy secret in the sturgeon guide community!