Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Re: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    not to mention for years after the season was over dad and i would walk multiple bars in one day cleaning up the garbage...a freindly reminder to all on the water clean up your shit.....it makes all outdoors people look like pigs.
    Aint that the truth...and I mean shit - human feces - 2 inches from the beaches or trails from people so terrified of bears that the's rather almost shit their pants. and lines and hooks left to tangle anyone walking. Made an outhouse on spaghetti a few years back and put up signs which helped a lot. Bring a shovel and or bags please...and thank you.

See you there, I hope.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

not to mention for years after the season was over dad and i would walk multiple bars in one day cleaning up the garbage...a freindly reminder to all on the water clean up your shit.....it makes all outdoors people look like pigs.
    +1 ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    It's funny how when times are good there are a lot of elitests out there but when it's slim pickings, they go against all that they preach and join the bottom feeders. lol. sigh...
    Not sure i follow.... wouldnt it be the other way around?

And times have been consistently good. Sockeye may not have been open every year but salmon fishing altogether has been quite consistent for me at least over the years.

its simple boys..when there is meat that is sustainable
    to harvest lets harvest...and the rest of the time lets work on helping...i have a 220 excavator and a d6 cat..any restoration project within a 100k radius i will do it no charge... looking at buying a helicopter will donate some hours to just sign the no charge hours off and reduce my taxes..
    without harvest the respect is less...i challenge any anti to a high levwl discussion with me on any meat animal in bc...i gurantee i know more and have more respect for the animal.

i am a beast i eat game.. but we all need to unite and move to protect fauna first..and are rights next.....

its simple boys..when there is meat that is sustainable
    to harvest lets harvest...and the rest of the time lets work on helping..

i am a beast i eat game.. but we all need to unite and move to protect fauna first..and are rights next.....
    Well said.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

"Yukon First Nation 'devastated' by low salmon numbers, closes fishery
    It includes the Tatshenshini, Klukshu, Blanchard, and Takhanne rivers, and Village Creek.
    Smith said the elders believe the low salmon runs are likely the result of climate change and aggressive fishing by Alaskans downriver."

Common sense approach
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

The Fraser opens above Mission on Tuesday, August 7th with a 2 sockeye per day limit. There will also be an in river commercial fishery some time during the week.

Oysoose lake is opening too for 2 fish a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed George View Post
    The Fraser opens above Mission on Tuesday, August 7th with a 2 sockeye per day limit. There will also be an in river commercial fishery some time during the week.
    how do you know this?

Anyone get out to the ocean yet? We’re heading out on Saturday.