Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Re: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    not to mention managment and protection is part of the discussion the op was are we going to fish this year...
    wild one moose and me deer are at a down turn did you buy a tag for each and burn it.
    I still buy tags but actually don’t hunt areas where I ? The population and have even passed on animals well targeting others. My personal choice and don’t expect others to do so. Yes it has caused me to burn tags lol. I also don’t look down on those who choose to take an animal or fish in legal seasons.

All honesty if I was still living in the lower mainland I would bonk a handful of sockeye even. Like I said not knocking anyone I get it.

I just see more effort into fighting for opportunity then addressing issues fish and game face. Seems many forget all about population issues once they are given an opportunity to harvest. Sometimes wonder if openings are given to keep the masses appeased so the push for addressing issues can be temporarily muted

Only stating an observation I commonly see in the hunting/fishing community

As for Brian Chan he does some real good but I find him annoying as hell lmao

lol ya brian is a geek. but does alot of good.and still has my respect.and if you read my comments in this thread there is a lot of contributing factors...i agree we as a mass have to stop internal fighting and as a voice of all respectful sustainable harvest have power to make the politicians listen and rewrite legislation in the interest of the enviroment over the potential user groups..
    the recent sheep habitat volunteer request was allmost ignored as everyone was argueing about a native bashing thread

If you got a nice boat fishing the chuck is probably the way to go .... 4 fish limit vs 2

Otherwise prepare your helmets, bullet proof vests and other combat gear.

Personally I have not snagged any sockeye for 14 years as I just refused to be a part of this snaggery..... but I might head out and snag me a few this year if they open it.

I'm a disgusting hypocrite :'(

Sock season brings out the worst in a lot of people. Boats that should never be launched and people that should stay home and read a book.
    As a user of the river for decades,I generally try and stay away from the crowds and anchor my boat somewhere quieter. Unfortunately as soon as I catch one fish others feel the need to move and anchor so close I can shake their hand!
    I will however have my towing setup ready as usual for those that break down or run aground!

29-4 for me, salty fresh sox. Me and 65 other boats
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

not to mention for years after the season was over dad and i would walk multiple bars in one day cleaning up the garbage...a freindly reminder to all on the water clean up your shit.....it makes all outdoors people look like pigs.

Agree whole heartedly. The crap people leave after fishing is astounding. Straight piggery!

I’ve pulled in hundreds of yards of fire line that’s just floating around from people having to snap or cut it off when they get hung up, some people come up with some interesting snagging rigs from what I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    I’ve pulled in hundreds of yards of fire line that’s just floating around from people having to snap or cut it off when they get hung up, some people come up with some interesting snagging rigs from what I’ve seen.
    Like staggered treble hooks? Lol.

When I was a kid i used to go to nicomen slough and derby reach at low tide and pick off lures off the sunken logs .... some would look like Christmas trees!

Good on ya for cleaning up the line!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    If you got a nice boat fishing the chuck is probably the way to go .... 4 fish limit vs 2

Otherwise prepare your helmets, bullet proof vests and other combat gear.

Personally I have not snagged any sockeye for 14 years as I just refused to be a part of this snaggery..... but I might head out and snag me a few this year if they open it.

I'm a disgusting hypocrite :'(
    It's funny how when times are good there are a lot of elitests out there but when it's slim pickings, they go against all that they preach and join the bottom feeders. lol. sigh...
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"