Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Re: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    If you are snagging fish your ethics are already questionable. Settle down.
    I and a whole lot of people take offense to that remark...especially from a guy using a 20 ft leader and 10 ft rod. Preach elsewhere please.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Just because it's legal doesnt mean its ethical. It's perfectly legal for me to go up and chat to a 13 year old girl at the bus stop, but that doesnt make it ethical. I didnt say I had a problem with the snagging, but dont talk about ethics when it comes to snagging.

You are snagging fish on a recreational fishing license. Theres nothing sporting about snagging a fish that did not bite your hook. If you want to talk ethics then the ethical thing would be to get a commercial license and fish for these fish commercially. But to snag them on a recreational licence and call that sport fishing is just absurd not to mention getting upset when someone calls it unethical.

It's a meat harvest is all that it is. I am ok with it. Dont get me wrong. I just think we should keep ethics out of it.

And I think the whole "snagged in the mouth" thing is just stupid. People release fish snagged in the stomach just because the law states it must be in the mouth and after a long fight in warm water temps and a hole in the gut that fish probably wont even survive to make it back to spawn.

For sockeye I would allow fish hooked anywhere to be retained.

never said i thought this was a sport fishery, i view it as a harvest as you do, which in my opinion, does not make me unethical.

Just because it's legal doesnt mean its ethical. It's perfectly legal for me to go up and chat to a 13 year old girl at the bus stop, but that doesnt make it ethical. I didnt say I had a problem with the snagging, but dont talk about ethics when it comes to snagging.

You are snagging fish on a recreational fishing license. Theres nothing sporting about snagging a fish that did not bite your hook. If you want to talk ethics then the ethical thing would be to get a commercial license and fish for these fish commercially. But to snag them on a recreational licence and call that sport fishing is just absurd not to mention getting upset when someone calls it unethical.

It's a meat harvest is all that it is. I am ok with it. Dont get me wrong. I just think we should keep ethics out of it.

And I think the whole "snagged in the mouth" thing is just stupid. People release fish snagged in the stomach just because the law states it must be in the mouth and after a long fight in warm water temps and a hole in the gut that fish probably wont even survive to make it back to spawn.

For sockeye I would allow fish hooked anywhere to be retained.
    You are the one riding the high horse and talking ethics, no one else. If you fall from that high, you'll break your neck. I think that I have had quite enough of you and you can have this thread to yourself.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    You are the one riding the high horse and talking ethics, no one else. If you fall from that high, you'll break your neck. I think that I have had quite enough of you and you can have this thread to yourself.
    No one except the guy I was replying to? Your comprehension skills need some

Just because something is legal and done on the regular doesnt make it ethical. And that is fine. But let's not kid ourselves and talk about how the guy double dipping is unethical but those of us that have released a gut-snagged sockeye (that probably died) have all the ethics. It's all a grey circle when it comes to sockeye. Lol
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 08-14-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Despite the fact that one can legally floss a sockeye we should always condemn those who exceed their limit. Flossing is lame but conservation is not.

Leave the name calling out, be civil and keep within forum guidelines
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 08-14-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

This is a meat fishery, nothing more. If you want sockeye fish them and go home. Geez I remember not that long ago we where allowed to use buzz bombs and treble hooks
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 08-14-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by ryanonthevedder View Post
    Despite the fact that one can legally floss a sockeye we should always condemn those who exceed their limit. Flossing is lame but conservation is not.
    You're right .... my bad if my post implied that.

Speaking of conservation I still think sockeye retention should be allowed for fish hooked anywhere not just the mouth.

and basically unregulated netting of it from the mouth up to hope
    Netting goes on away past Hope.