Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Re: Fraser river salmon fishing..

Why not anchor off a bar and sit back and cast ,way easier on the back and you dont have to compete for realestate with the other flossers
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    Why not anchor off a bar and sit back and cast ,way easier on the back and you dont have to compete for realestate with the other flossers
    Because landing a fish when you have a 10 foot rod and a 20 food leader ain't easy from the boat. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    99% of the fun is watching the show, being front and center on the bar provides an amazing amount of entertainment

sure would be nice to see the double dippers get a clue and start respecting the limits. had two different groups either showing up to double dip, or broadcast to the whole bar they had to go home and drop their fish so they could come back for 2 more! have some ethics for &*%$# sake. Trash.

So where are the popular snagging spots in 2018? Last time I snagged sockeye was 2004. Back then it was peg leg, laidlaw, herring island or ferry island if you had a boat.

Peg leg isnt foot accessible anymore, and hertling island is blocked off I believe.

Where else are the current snagging spots?

Quote Originally Posted by FortBoy View Post
    sure would be nice to see the double dippers get a clue and start respecting the limits. had two different groups either showing up to double dip, or broadcast to the whole bar they had to go home and drop their fish so they could come back for 2 more! have some ethics for &*%$# sake. Trash.
    If you are snagging fish your ethics are already questionable. Settle down.

I'd tell you to get off your high horse but i doubt you can hear me up there 270. Legal fishery and you question my ethics? enjoy it up there by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    So where are the popular snagging spots in 2018? Last time I snagged sockeye was 2004. Back then it was peg leg, laidlaw, herring island or ferry island if you had a boat.

Peg leg isnt foot accessible anymore, and hertling island is blocked off I believe.

Where else are the current snagging spots?
    Lots at Ballam rd I’ve seen .... as for Peg ... take a float tube to the other side ,stash it and mostly you’ll be away from the crowd .. compared to the steelhead you get this may be not as challenging .... but damn,last night on the BBQ they sure tasted good... fresh from the river !!

Quote Originally Posted by FortBoy View Post
    I'd tell you to get off your high horse but i doubt you can hear me up there 270. Legal fishery and you question my ethics? enjoy it up there by yourself
    Just because it's legal doesnt mean its ethical. It's perfectly legal for me to go up and chat to a 13 year old girl at the bus stop, but that doesnt make it ethical. I didnt say I had a problem with the snagging, but dont talk about ethics when it comes to snagging.

You are snagging fish on a recreational fishing license. Theres nothing sporting about snagging a fish that did not bite your hook. If you want to talk ethics then the ethical thing would be to get a commercial license and fish for these fish commercially. But to snag them on a recreational licence and call that sport fishing is just absurd not to mention getting upset when someone calls it unethical.

It's a meat harvest is all that it is. I am ok with it. Dont get me wrong. I just think we should keep ethics out of it.

And I think the whole "snagged in the mouth" thing is just stupid. People release fish snagged in the stomach just because the law states it must be in the mouth and after a long fight in warm water temps and a hole in the gut that fish probably wont even survive to make it back to spawn.

For sockeye I would allow fish hooked anywhere to be retained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Lots at Ballam rd I’ve seen .... as for Peg ... take a float tube to the other side ,stash it and mostly you’ll be away from the crowd .. compared to the steelhead you get this may be not as challenging .... but damn,last night on the BBQ they sure tasted good... fresh from the river !!
    X2 ... they sure are tasty. I've caught a lot of steelhead over the years and I've never had one taste even close to a sockeye. They are amazing.