Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swaro 65mm ATS vs Leica 65mm APO

Swaro 65mm ATS vs Leica 65mm APO

Trying to decide between these 2 scopes is a good problem to have! I really like the focus options on leica but have never actually handled one so its tough to compare. I have had my hands on a few swaros and know the quality is there. Looking for real life experience with one or the other or hopefully someone that has had a chance to handle both.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swaro 65mm ATS vs Leica 65mm APO

After having the swarvo for a year, I still can’t get use to its focus ring. Iv never looked threw a Leica, but in all honesty, the swarvo isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. If I was to spend big $$ again, I’d really try to get a side by side comparison with the Leica or even zeiss.

Thanks, that focus ring on the swaro does look pretty different, but I like that it goes 20-60 vs 25-50 like the Leica.

Talk to Omer. He might be able to set up a comparison for you.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Hmm sat for 2 hours with the big 3..went with swaro 65 HD..havnt looked looked back..lol
    Second the recomendation with Omer..top notch..set up the scopes on the hill..look off into Quesnel and judge the racks ..coming out of the Billy Barker..lol
    Srupp

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Optics at this level is purely a personal preference as you can’t go wrong with either, that being said I own the angled Leica 25-50x65 as you can get a 1.8 doubler to bring it up to 90x, not to mention Leica has the best optics in the world

On my fly in last year using the 1.8 Doubler really helped with the long range sightings as the area we were hunting was enormous.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Here's what the Leica has to offer over the Swaro:

- Micro and macro focus dials
    - true to color definition and sharp detail (clearer glass)
    - the ability to add a 1.8 extender

I've been using my Swaro for a lot of years and have never noticed the focus wheel being an issue.

I like the focus ring on the Swaro. That was the selling feature for me. I was prepared to buy a Zeiss, but found the Swaro more comfortable to dial in.

As mentioned previously, you need to look through them side by side. It's all personal preference. I went for the Leica and have zero complaints. My buddy even broke the eye relief on it while clumsily removing my phoneskope, I sent one email to Leica explaining what happened and they shipped a new one to my door within the week free of charge. I was merely hoping to get a new one and would happily have paid for it as it was completely user error. I'm sure Swaro customer service would compare.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Ive looked through both side by side. I prefer the swaro glass, seems brighter next to the leica. But I prefer the focus on the leica.