Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hide destroyed at tannery

Re: Hide destroyed at tannery

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Thanks guys. I got the hide to the taxi within less than a week. He said it looked perfect. Damage happened at the tannery, a few other hides (other species) got damaged as well. Apparently issue in their fumigation. Tannery took responsibility as far as I was told. Some of it can be salvaged, taxi is very helpful.

Linksman313 I am not cryptic. I wanted feedback but not here to publicly ruin someone's business or blame them as it is not their direct fault.

There are more goats. I will get another one. I have my 10.5" horns and will get whatever can be salvaged from the hide.

Thanks for all feedback.
    Hey, if you haven't hacked the skull up yet, it would make a very cool euromount.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Had to cut the scull cap on the mountain. It was a torture 20-hour day and haul back to camp. Not able to carry more weight than the hide, scull cap and all the meat possible with two guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Hey, if you haven't hacked the skull up yet, it would make a very cool euromount.

Shit deal on the cape.
    Almost as shitty as a 20hr loaded down walk.
    Good attitude on going for another.
    And 10.5 billy, wow man, I know it'd take me a bit to get over what you got going on with the cape.
    But ur positive attitude is something to be admired.

Great to hear a little more info about what exactly went down at the tannery, worked in one throughout HS and was wondering if it was my Uncles tannery the taxi was dealing with. Glad you are moving on, post a pic of those 10.5's I would love to see them, great trophy.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Hickman, you can purchase some really cool synthetic euro skulls now a days. Might be one other way to go with the horns, i had some pickup moose horns
    done on one and they look very real.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Great to hear a little more info about what exactly went down at the tannery, worked in one throughout HS and was wondering if it was my Uncles tannery the taxi was dealing with. Glad you are moving on, post a pic of those 10.5's I would love to see them, great trophy.
    Ha, would love to post pics but had camera fail as well. I have memories and am hooked on goats. They are my favourite animal. I don't know which tannery and what exactly the issue was. I was told fumigation issue and moths got into some of the hides.

The taxi I take my stuff to does all their own tanning as they weren't happy with the result coming back from the outsourcing to a tannery, something to ask about to your next taxidermist if they do it in house or not.

I had my goat hide slip at the tannery, but it was from poor field management. Luckily, my taxidermist could make some touch ups.