Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small game hunting in lower mainland

Re: Small game hunting in lower mainland

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Last few years in my Region 2 areas it went from pockets where I knew I could see the odd grouse to seeing them all over rather than just pockets. Not in the numbers I'd see in the south caribou where they are like downtown street pigeons, but I'll see a half dozen just driving out on my trips home from failed blacktail hunting. They spook easily, but I'll stop for them and come home with 2 or 3.

Looks like it could be another decent year. Just camping out a couple weeks ago we saw a couple grouse with a dozen or so little cheepers in tow. And that was just in our camp. I think we saw another 6 or 7 adults driving home.
    Fair enough. Glad to hear numbers are up.

Quote Originally Posted by notyalc View Post
    There’s lots of big game hunting going on in Surrey and Abbotsford.....
    They are going to change the name of Surrey to Dodge City....
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

Bull frogs! Invasive species, go get em...

The females get huge, up to 8" not including the legs.. Seen them attack ducklings..

And they taste like...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/b-c-...rats-1.1877234

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/wld/frogwat...s/bullfrog.htm
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Tons of cottontails at the field edges and along the rail tracks by my place in Deroche. Also if you’ve got a boat, can also head up the Fraser or Harrison. Lots of rabbits in the shot only zone. Study your special area map and should be able to get into some......
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

your best bet and cheapest route is go to canadian tire...buy 6 mallard decoys...buy steel shot and waterfowl liscense.. dress in working clothes...not dress clothes and not chessy camo...drive around with fraser valley map late sept early october where farmers are cutting corn...abserve ducks... ask farmer for permission...make a blind. throw decoys in a puddle if you can find one or just in the feild and hide...ducks will come for a look and shoot them...then repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    your best bet and cheapest route is go to canadian tire...buy 6 mallard decoys...buy steel shot and waterfowl liscense.. dress in working clothes...not dress clothes and not chessy camo...drive around with fraser valley map late sept early october where farmers are cutting corn...abserve ducks... ask farmer for permission...make a blind. throw decoys in a puddle if you can find one or just in the feild and hide...ducks will come for a look and shoot them...then repeat..
    This and check out crown land areas too but good hunting on crown land in region 2 is kept pretty hush for everything

most places you get told everyone knows knows and it will be busy

Sure did my fair share of pest control in north Vancouver. Unfortunately I just moved to a new place after more than 20years in my place close to old Dollarton road and Windridge. I can't put an exact number on how many gray and black squirrels and rats that I shot in that time period, but I was more than half way through my third can of 500 177 hunter tips and I think you could count on two hands the amount of times that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    Sure did my fair share of pest control in north Vancouver. Unfortunately I just moved to a new place after more than 20years in my place close to old Dollarton road and Windridge. I can't put an exact number on how many gray and black squirrels and rats that I shot in that time period, but I was more than half way through my third can of 500 177 hunter tips and I think you could count on two hands the amount of times that I missed.
    Ps we used to really enjoy feeding the birds and our native Douglas fir squirrels so that's what brought in the grays and blacks an rats.