Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips on making boots fit better with lacing technique

Re: Tips on making boots fit better with lacing technique

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    I have the exact same issue and wear the alaskans... how are you lacing them???
    Hi kebes
    I ended up lacing the front toe part about medium tightness, then i did the double over knot thing in the video on the lace before the heel locking lace (that sits lower and offset). Then i reefed on the 3x so it was tight i pulled, then pulled a little more and then one last time. Then i tied another double loops knot thing after that... Essentially so the heel was loops was locked in place super tight. Then, i looped the following lace in medium tightness, another knot to lock that off.. And the top 2 laces i actually leaned my leg forward a little to simulate the ankle bending to climb a hill and tied the 2 top somewhat loose.

I also adddd a pair of very thin socks under my thick merino ones which helped a little but the lacing did most of the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Thanks Jaybe 14....I'm always up to learning something ..Very interesting videos ..Will keep for reference..Dennis
    No problem Dennis, i thought the same i love free little tricks that go a long way! Esp when u buy a pair of 450$ boots haha

This is an interesting thread. I have a pair of mountaineering boots that just destroy my feet. I've put some mileage on them but tend to hesitate now. I'll try the suggestions on here.

I ended up with horrible heal blisters in my new $700 boots! 604ksmith showed me a way to lace up by going from the corner, or first speed lace all the way to the top speedlace, and then lace them back down and tie them in the middle. That combined with running a liner sock has cured the heel blisters in this expensive boots. And. because this has happened I tried another boot, the hanwap trapper top. Havent worn them yet but they seem to fit my feet better than my high end mountain boots.