Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hunting ATV

Re: Hunting ATV

Short wheel bases mean tighter turns and easier back flips. Just about everyone I know has done either a back flip or a side roll. I'm talking about middle aged and seniors.

Get one with a real transmission not a belt driven contraption,if your going to use it for hunting get the simplest one you dont need huge displacement.1997 Kawasaki 400 taken every ounce of abuse like a Honda but green

Finished my first hunt wity new 2019 Honda rubicon 500..power steering is great..as is ekectronic fuel injection..and high low gears.,10 gears plus posilock..new Kolpin gun case..plus steel skid plates and 4 steel A arm steel protection, Warn 2500 provantage winch, plus Rigid 10 inch LED bar..
    $$$$$$$ but it is an amazing ATV..couldnt find ample opportunity to give it a total workout in 12 days but love it so far.

Rear independent suspension is certainly different than solid rear axle..soaks up bumps.
    Steven

Servicing is just as important as what brand you buy..I have a Polaris 600 Sportsman, But unfortionately the dealer is more interested in selling new machines than servicing what he sold...took me a long time to locate a good mechanic ,but eventually I got the overheating problems sorted out.( long,expensive story) The dealer was useless, even when I asked (and paid for) a tune up,when was running rough and hard to start ,turned out they hadn’t, even replaced the back spark plug ,the neighbourhood garage guy had quads and figured that out...big problem when your dealer has no competition. On asking around I discovered my experience was not unique with this dealer...Right now,I have a Tracker sitting on my lower lot...I think I will put on some good off road tires and maybe give it a minimal lift without spending too much and see how that works out...I’m an old guy and not into extreme off road stuff,just low speed puttering around

one if the challenges is more areas are being shut down for ATVs and a licenced 4x4 tracker might work out
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-15-2018 at 07:10 AM.