Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hunting ATV

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Hunting ATV

Quote Originally Posted by 375shooter View Post
    Some very useful info there, guys. Based on those excellent comments, I've decided on the Honda Rubicon. And instead of getting a used one, I think I'm going to go ahead and get a brand new one. I just have to decide on which model now. I'm leaning towards the DCT Deluxe. It should provide very reliable service for many years to come. My bro on the other hand, is getting a Can-Am Outlander 570.

This is it exactly, good choice
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by 375shooter View Post
    Some very useful info there, guys. Based on those excellent comments, I've decided on the Honda Rubicon. And instead of getting a used one, I think I'm going to go ahead and get a brand new one. I just have to decide on which model now. I'm leaning towards the DCT Deluxe. It should provide very reliable service for many years to come. My bro on the other hand, is getting a Can-Am Outlander 570.
    Your bro will be happy with the Outlander, its twice the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    BUT I WANT MY OLD HONDA 300 BACK
    I had the pleasure of fixing one up this spring. I cheaped out and bought aftermarket cv boots, carb, and starter. Had it as close to new for way under $500. They are a great atv. Only issue left to fix, is the back brake cable sticks. So every time it goes into reverse, the brake cam on the rear axle needs to be tapped with a hammer or axe to get it back to slack.

I have been treated amazingly by my Suzuki king quad. But king quad, grizzly, pioneer yada yada all are good atvs. Some offer different things and such. I think maybe finding features you want aka power steering, fuel injected etc then find what models offer those creature comforts.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I had the pleasure of fixing one up this spring. I cheaped out and bought aftermarket cv boots, carb, and starter. Had it as close to new for way under $500. They are a great atv. Only issue left to fix, is the back brake cable sticks. So every time it goes into reverse, the brake cam on the rear axle needs to be tapped with a hammer or axe to get it back to slack.
    first thing I do when fixing is put all the cables in a bucket of diesel MY argo ones are soaking now one more thing to fix

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    first thing I do when fixing is put all the cables in a bucket of diesel MY argo ones are soaking now one more thing to fix

I have read that a GUY spends more time Repairing a ARGO then using it ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I have read that a GUY spends more time Repairing a ARGO then using it ! RJ
    Ouch !

Honda hands down in my books
    www.dcsc.ca

"It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll" Bon Scott

Instead of looking at the brand, look the features. I like IRS, I've seen how much better IRS is than solid on the trail, 4 wheels vs 2. Power steering, I don't have it. Metal racks, these quads are more pack horse than racing horse. EFI , it works, unlike the sometimes of a carburetor. I'm a fan of wishbone front suspension over McPherson strut. Big gas tank, saves packing gas. Tires most quads come with are things that are black and round and that all that can be said about them. I even found a big difference between the deluxe Carlisle that the quad came with and the Maxis Big Horns. Good headlights. The big center lights are totally useless with gun boxes.

Gun boxes are something you have to design and build yourself. Or have built.

2014 yamaha 550 Grizzly for me i would have been happy with that 420 rancher but the comfort level on the grizz is night and day better.Power steering awesome.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess