Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Atv's closed beginning of the end

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: Atv's closed beginning of the end

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post

I wish these f***ers would stop coming up with ways to restrict my right to hunt....
    Does that mean I can count you in for my airborne sheep hunt petition?

Not sure what a helicopter has to do with accessing forest service roads on an atv? As usual the grandiloquence is strong from our our resident expert on everything.
    Enjoy your hypothetical helihunt.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hunter View Post
    Not sure what a helicopter has to do with accessing forest service roads on an atv? As usual the grandiloquence is strong from our our resident expert on everything.
    Enjoy your hypothetical helihunt.
    "grandiloquence" - lol - love that word, and well played. I'm going to try to use it more often myself!

That's exactly it, you've identified the logical fallacy - lack of relevance. You were trying to make the case that a hunter advocating for a restriction on motorized hunters in a specific geographic region, for a specified purpose was in fact executing an attack against the interests of hunters in general.

I'm simply using the helicopter to illustrate the extension of that same reasoning process out to a slightly different machine that you may not have been thinking about. In fact, it could be argued that replacing ATV access with helicopter access would result in less habitat degradation. So why don't we do that?

Do you support my right to hunt sheep from a helicopter? Yes or no? If no, than why are you attacking the interests of hunters?

Was just up in some of those areas and I can see why they would want to keep quads off some of the ground. However there are not enought CO's to enforce partial closures so they close the whole area
    It is not closed to hunting which is a good thing. Quads have there place but guys are always pushing further into new areas, building trails into meadows etc. As usual the few will ruin it for all. For some it seems it's more about where I can get my quad to than the hunting. Have no problem with responsible quad use, but if you can't pack the animal out to where you left the quad don't shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Best to just ban everything.

If you want to hunt, you will only be allowed to "harvest" a game animal by choking it out with your bare hands...
    Maybe a little too far but your closer to the truth than you may think. Hunting and fishing.

There are hunters and the new breed of "mechanized high tech hunter's". Fishing? Even little trout boats have state of the art electronic's. Boats out in the ocean the same, plus power everything! Might as well be commercial. I guess it's just human nature to try to find short cuts, but come on guys, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot.

temporary my a-- just like income tax right. Just until the country gets back on it`s feet after the war. Guess what we must never have stood up again and never will according the powers that be

ATV dealers in BC are going to be HOT! to TROT!
    Jelly -- sales will decline as well -- ?

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I can understand the reasoning behind restricting motorized vehicles, especially ATVs, in areas that
    are in trouble, either by overhunting, harassing wildlife, or harming sensitive environment. I can also
    understand why the whole area is closed instead of the more critical regions. As was pointed out, there's
    just not enough COs to keep the necessary control. I do, however, think it will be a challenge to have
    the ban reversed when things have improved. There are many on this site that use their machines responsibly,
    but there are those that don't as well. When you add in the usually longer seasons of recreational ATV
    use, especially when considering that the recreationalists are even more inclined to harass animals and to do
    damage to sensitive areas, a "temporary " ban is the easiest way for the gov't to deal with it. Something has to
    change though. With all the advances in electronic communication nowadays, word gets out very quickly if
    it's noticed that hunters are having good success in a specific area...within a heartbeat, the place gets flooded with
    hunters, most with ATVs, and all but wipe out that area's healthy population. Look what happened to the Tunkwa
    Lake area the last couple of years. It also happened to the Whiteman Creek area and the Pinaus Lake area. At times
    the forestry roads and spurs looked like downtown rush hour.

and there doing a lot of heavy strait up and down deactivation

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    My neighbour did....it’s an issue of enforcement. The tangle of rds from all mentioned mu’s Is countless. Deal is this could be a boon to all hunters if managed carefully. If the machine can get some traction and run the hunting in all adjacent regions and more will improve. So deal with it. It is in place cause they are managing people cause they have to. Ever try the herd a cat?
    What you say doesn’t make sense. Why shut down the entire region? There are lots of areas with restrictions. This is typical NDP blanket anti-hunter policy. Again what’s the justification? Is the environment being damaged, is access hurting game numbers? Was this raised as a regulation change for feedback? Anyone? Maybe there’s a good reason for it but this just seems like the NDP taking an opportunity to shit on hunters.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!