Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Atv's closed beginning of the end

Re: Atv's closed beginning of the end

100% Hank I use my atv to get into country and hike I'm not a road hunter but i prefer to leave my truck in camp......Hank is bang on this is the reason we always lose any battles because we are not united.......... if we cant use quads ban horses too then even playing field for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hunter View Post
    Here we go again. Hunters fighting hunters. Never fails on just about every issue and we wonder why our sport is threatened.

Always the guys who can’t get quads flapping away. If someone threw them a quad for free we all know you would take it. an atv is like a multi tool, many purposes it can serve. Last years deer hunt the ATV stayed at home, I park my truck set up camp and the truck doesn’t move for a week. Other areas and hunts the quad gets used for getting back into areas a truck can’t to then start my hunt. Why bicker back and forth?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Ban all hunting on those annoying atvs for anyone who doesn’t have a disability.
    Should BAN you from being on Here and Hunting ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Always the guys who can’t get quads flapping away. If someone threw them a quad for free we all know you would take it. an atv is like a multi tool, many purposes it can serve. Last years deer hunt the ATV stayed at home, I park my truck set up camp and the truck doesn’t move for a week. Other areas and hunts the quad gets used for getting back into areas a truck can’t to then start my hunt. Why bicker back and forth?
    exactly right on point!!

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hunter View Post
    Here we go again. Hunters fighting hunters. Never fails on just about every issue and we wonder why our sport is threatened.
    I've never really understood this attitude. Acknowledgement and subsequent discussion of the differing perspectives between hunters should be seen as healthy, not harmful.

Here's a hypothetical:

"I'm a hunter who also happens to own a helicopter. I think that I should be able to hunt from my machine. If you disagree, you're limiting my individual freedom to hunt with the method I choose, and that's something all hunters should be angry about."

you on board with that? Do you support my right to airborne hunts, simply because it's an issue effecting hunters in general, and that I'm a hunter with the means and inclination to carry it out?

There are two issues here, not one: motorized access, and how that influences hunting methods. The rules regarding the quad ban in the cariboo-chilcotin are blending the two together in a way that confuses the independent points of discussion. We have nonsense ineffectual rules, precisely because the very people that should know the most about the outcome of those rules, often don't tease apart the relevant meeting minutes while engaged with preliminary discussion.

There are many hunters that also happen to be ORV users/enthusiasts. However, make no mistake, those are two seperate sets of interests. Despite that they may occaisionally coalesce, what benefits one group may be fatal for the other, and vice versa. Although, in the case of this particular pairing of interests, it's usually a unidirectional relationship.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    What a quad can do, a helicopter can do better. It's really a very effective machine, and everyone knows if I gave you a free helicopter, you'd use it too. I work long and hard so I can afford my multi-faceted airborne hunting tool. This August I want to go for a northern dall sheep hunt. I really can't afford to take a week off work to hike in and set up an alpine camp. It's really quite elitist to ban me from using my helicopter - just hunters against hunters.

Best to just ban everything.

If you want to hunt, you will only be allowed to "harvest" a game animal by choking it out with your bare hands...

I actually use two choppers. One for me and my Gear, and one to haul my atv.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

How about we just stop getting ****ing regulated to death.

Maybe us responsible hunters get left alone, and the pieces of sh*t that break the laws are properly dealt with???

Sometimes I road hunt with my truck. Often I hunt on foot. Sometimes I hunt on my quad. Occasionally I hunt from a blind. Sometimes I hike for miles.

I wish these f***ers would stop coming up with ways to restrict my right to hunt....

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Best to just ban everything.

If you want to hunt, you will only be allowed to "harvest" a game animal by choking it out with your bare hands...
    what makes that the best solution? Is anybody advocating something like that?

oh, you're using sarcasm:

well lets ban nothing then! Every tool man has ever devised is fair game.

Any better?