Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Atv's closed beginning of the end

Atv's closed beginning of the end

So I'm guessing they have used the fires from last year as the excuse to ban atv in basically the entire Bonaparte plateau what a crock of shit NDP initiative whats next!?!? So instead of quads guys will be using full size 4x4's to rip up the back country......really nice of them to announce it after everyone put in there LEH draws too that's dirty I'm glad I didnt put in for that area. I certainly hope BCWF is fighting this once they impose a ban like this they will never retract it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Atv's closed beginning of the end

I hope something gives soon, it’s supposed to be a temporary measure until the burn thickens up? Now there’s mushroom buyers and pickers all over the place, funny that I see port a potties way out back there, you know they’ll leave a mess.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Guess I better get a Tracker...

But I do support some restrictions but whole MU's I think is a bit much. I'd like to know the justification for that. Anyone talk to the regional biologist?
    Last edited by Ltbullken; 07-02-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

once they implement a restriction like that they wont ever remove it its not necessary its targeting just hunters if the environment and the critters are the real reason there would be a total vehicle band recreational atv ers could potential upset the habits of the wildlife trying to re establish the burnt area as well its a crock of shit that entire area is not burnt all this is is a big FU to all the hunters via the NDP!

N.o D.riving P.eriod
    Jel

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post

But I do support some restrictions but whole MU's I think is a bit much. I'd like to know the justification for that. Anyone talk to the regional biologist?
    The group that is exempt from the ATV ban pushed for it

I don't SEE the ATV ban EVER being lifted as they were going to put it on BEFORE the FIRE ever happened I got this info from some one who KNOWs ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post

My neighbour did....it’s an issue of enforcement. The tangle of rds from all mentioned mu’s Is countless. Deal is this could be a boon to all hunters if managed carefully. If the machine can get some traction and run the hunting in all adjacent regions and more will improve. So deal with it. It is in place cause they are managing people cause they have to. Ever try the herd a cat?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

the machine..............doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground this is yet another step to OVER ENFORCE and eliminate hunting.......so what happens next adjacent regions will get over pressured with ATV use because they cant hunt where they normally do so they restrict that area too next thing you know the entire province will be banned its ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    So I'm guessing they have used the fires from last year as the excuse to ban atv in basically the entire Bonaparte plateau what a crock of shit NDP initiative whats next!?!? So instead of quads guys will be using full size 4x4's to rip up the back country......really nice of them to announce it after everyone put in there LEH draws too that's dirty I'm glad I didnt put in for that area. I certainly hope BCWF is fighting this once they impose a ban like this they will never retract it
    BCWF have proven that they don't stand up for hunters, so don't hold your breath....