Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Atv's closed beginning of the end

Re: Atv's closed beginning of the end

The group that is exempt from the ATV ban pushed for it

Hmmm I wonder what group that would be?

I wonder what those who were active hunters 40 years ago before ATVs would think of this conversation..........

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I wonder what those who were active hunters 40 years ago before ATVs would think of this conversation..........
    Ain't that the truth.

-- MU 3-28 will be a mule deer spot again, yayyy, the Ministry get's my vote on this one, the Ministry has worked with Skull and the locals for decades protecting the area from abuse and neglect and devastation from the private sector -- keeping it natural as possible --
    -- I wouldn't expect ATV riders to be happy when these places get closed to ATV's for hunting like MU 3-28 has adopted along with 29 and 30.
    These things happen and will continue to develop over the next few months with the local Indian Bands joining in already with the Ministry to protect Kamloops and Chu Chua territory which is huge when combined in the most prime real estate in North America.
    -- You prolly know already and if not you can google it, The Indian Bands have been given full control over the rebuilding of this entire burnt area involved.
    Jel -- Evolution of thee hunting environment and rules and regulations use hunters and the Ministry and Indian Bands to communicate and put hunting first.
    --- hunting first, above all must be protected from stopping, and we all as a three braided rope, can conserve the wild life also better together as well --

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    The group that is exempt from the ATV ban pushed for it

Hmmm I wonder what group that would be?

70+ year old white guys with jacked up street legal Jeeps? Just a guess?

Give me my fine screw them. My truck is not what I want to beat the crap out of. I bought a sxs that cost 3 times the price of a tracker or more. I wish to care for my truck and also go out with the wife and kid. Yes road hunting in the sxs is what I do with it with my wife and kid. On my own its a tool to get me to an area to hike or to do backpack hunts, no different than a truck, bush plane, sea plane, horses , boats whatever you use. And I wish helicopter too.
    If I'm in my sxs that has seatbelts lights, insurance and all that shit like a jeep or a tracker I have just as much right to be on that road as they do. Hell I've even got a roof and doors and a full roll cage. Why the f&*$ am I restricted to helmets and area access when a jeep or tracker of sorts is allowed to be all jacked up with out a roof and a higher center of gravity not have to follow the same rules? Some of those lifted vehicles will go further places than a quad or sxs and destroy a lot of land. I'm sure its the attitude that most are going to start to have until its controlled across the board screw it. I didn't pay all that money for a sxs to have it sit in a garage and never use it. The sole purpose of the purchase was just that for hunting with the family and not mess up a good truck. Can I sue the gov't make them pay out my 8 year loan on a machine that I'm not allowed to use. Why the hell would I want the machine if everywhere is banned to use them.

Hey Travis we all hear yah, your frustrated, aggravated and more, you spent thousands paid mega sales taxes and now? Can't use it for hunting?
    Jelvis -- trouble is you get caught in MU 3-28 during mule season Sept 1st to Dec 10 hunting, not just a fine, sxs confiscated as well -- think b4 rebelling.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-04-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

There are lots of other places to drive a quad or side by side or whatever other expensive toy you find essential to hunt with.

At least if its confiscated I wouldn't have to move it in and out of the garage everytime I need to go into it to do something :{ and with it gone I can just think of my payment as just another bs ndp tax grab. If its not there I wouldn't be temped to use it. Then I'd just have to use my truck. smh stupid regulations going to turn honest people into pissed off rebels. I don't hunt 3-28 anyways but its just a thing to come for all regions.

Lots of complaining but has anyone tried to get the whole story as to why ?
    A call to CP in the Kamloops office would probably get some answers
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole