Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DFO Poises To Close Huge Offshore Areas

Re: DFO Poises To Close Huge Offshore Areas

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Ironically my good friend that guides out of Port Renfrew has been hounding me to get down there as it is the best fishing he's experienced in 20 years there. Most boats are making quick work on full limits.
    Who is your friend, if he calls going to swiftsure and catching feeders to 8 lbs and 14 lb halibut the best fishing in his 20 years i will eat my shorts. I have fished and guided there for 30 years and it is in noway near close to being good.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Trudeau continues to push his political agendas, that's very sad news.....sad that they're willing to hurt the economy of these small towns you pointed out Nog.....so now that Canada day is over, when we separating?? Why should we put up with being dictated by the east any longer....................

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    FYI: These closures effect EVERYONE.
    Fin Fish Closure means just that.
    There are no exemptions (unless you belong to a certain privileged sector).

July 11 Comment Deadline...

Nog
    Yeah, I know, but it seems ultra-dumb to kill it for the shore guys, who basically catches next to nothing.

Arrow Re: DFO Poises To Close Huge Offshore Areas

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Yeah, I know, but it seems ultra-dumb to kill it for the shore guys, who basically catches next to nothing.
    Actually, the entire scenario is "ultra dumb" no matter how you want to look at it.
    Unless you happen to be Parks Canada, who I can guarantee are salivating HARD at the prospect.
    And maybe just a few of the beyond help DFO folks helping them realize their long held desires...

Pissed,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Who is your friend, if he calls going to swiftsure and catching feeders to 8 lbs and 14 lb halibut the best fishing in his 20 years i will eat my shorts. I have fished and guided there for 30 years and it is in noway near close to being good.
    How's the fishing now Piper!!!
    You landed, what, 16 springs up to 22lbs the other day scratching the beach!!!
    Hope it only gets better and bigger.

Be an absolute shame if this area gets shut down when there are lot's of springs around.
    I agree with Nog, political closure nothing more.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

From page 61 of the Killer Whale Recovery Strategy, designed in cooperation with DFO & Parks Canada:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/consult...ulards-eng.pdf

For this post I won't bother (yet) pointing out the many discrepancies in said Strategy...

Area proposed for this closure (does not reflect inside closures already in place, nor ones proposed for the areas north of Vancouver Island).

Starting to get the picture??

Wondering...
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    How's the fishing now Piper!!!
    You landed, what, 16 springs up to 22lbs the other day scratching the beach!!!
    Hope it only gets better and bigger.

Be an absolute shame if this area gets shut down when there are lot's of springs around.
    I agree with Nog, political closure nothing more.
    Lol had to take the day off arms and shoulders were too sore today
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

So is a petition feasible to combat this atrocious, purely political move??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    So is a petition feasible to combat this atrocious, purely political move??
    It all starts with addressing the proposal itself in the area noted in the first link.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/forms/s...ahier-eng.aspx

Damn good idea to inform them how few (if any) killer whales you have seen out there in your thousands upon thousands of trips to these locations.

Comment Deadline July 11...

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    As far as halibut is concerned, I've always found the chickens to be better eating than the big slabs anyway.
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.