Thread: Moose LEH

Moose LEH

My hunting partners girlfriend got picked for LEH any bull moose in Region 512-B last week Sept the first week of Oct,,I asked him why did you two put in for this region they said they don't know anything about this region just that looking at the odds and number available they put in for it..

They asked me if I would want to go on this hunt with them for an extra set of arms and eyes for finding for them I said yes would be nice to go to a new area ,,I don't ask for help much from this site but I am asking now can anyone that knows this area and have hunted it would be nice to have a decent starting point instead of going in blind ,,thanks Wayne..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose LEH

That's where we got as well, sept 10-30. We're going up on the 20th, and would welcome any info anyone felt like sharing! I'll PM you with any info we have to share when we come back out after our hunt.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I took the same approach... bull moose in 5-11a, which is a little postage stamp sized wmu right next door to your area. I was reluctant because I have heard that a few rebel FN have interfered with hunters up that way. Hopefully your hunt goes smoothly.

Im sure someone will chime in with some info for you guy's but by all means be prepared to go in blind.Many yrs back we had an antler restriction put on our tried and true area up off the Alaska hyw that filled our freezers like clockwork annually and we still tryed hunting the area ,seeing 5-10 unshootable bulls each trip.After the second yr of this we said to H with this lets look elsewhere so we opened the hunting atlas, picked a page and blindly put a finger on a spot...well 18 yrs later we still hunt that spot and get our game.This yr we drew 2 bull moose allocations from our group hunt application between 3 of us.
    Our first trip in we were stopped at a FN roadblock for 3 days but we perservered,that yrs we got 2 bulls and 3 bear..not bad for going in blind!

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"