Thread: Some changes in the regs

Some changes in the regs

Was just glancing through the new regs for 2018-2020 and noticed this under "It's unlawful" on page 15.....

43. To use any part or derivative of a deer,elk, moose or caribou, sourced fromoutside of B.C., for the purpose ofhunting or trapping.

AND on page 2....

• Prohibition on the use of cervid derivatives (i.e., deer urine) sourcedoutside of B.C. for the purpose of hunting

So what does "sourced" mean I wonder? Let's say I buy some deer or moose urine from a store in BC, that store is my "source" for that product, but when I look at the bottle it says it was bottled in the USA somewhere, so obviously the product was supplied from out of BC. Room for debate???
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Some changes in the regs

You'll Quickly find that the newly deemed "unlawful" derivatives will quickly find themselves pulled from store shelves. My advise, take your bottle of deer piss that was made who knows where and pour it into a generic spray bottle, tell the CO you bottled it yourself from the deer\moose\elk you shot last year.

They are trying to stop the introduction and spread of CWD. Most products come from farmed deer/elk which is where CWD originated. It will suck when it arrrives here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    They are trying to stop the introduction and spread of CWD. Most products come from farmed deer/elk which is where CWD originated. It will suck when it arrrives here.
    That would be nasty. I suppose synthetics would be safe?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

-- They got us coming and they got us going, up - down and all around -- lots of reading to do in the regs for sure thanks for the post.

Jel -- good to know

Yes, synthetics would be fine. Nasty stuff CWD - the prions can persist in the environment for years. It’s going to get here but the longer we can delay it the better. It has been shown CWD can be transmitted to monkeys by eating CWD deer and the monkeys got CWD. It takes around 2 years for a deer to show symptoms. So you won’t know if it’s infected unless you get it tested. They have testing programs in the states for hunters to get deer tested before consuming it, but not here as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
    Having an opinion is kind of like having a penis. It's fine that you have one, and its fine that I have one, but you don't see me trying to cram mine down your throat.....

Wonder if more rules will be coming down the pipe to counter CWD. Scent bombs and baiting seem to go hand in hand on the shows I have seen on Wild TV.

Hmm noticed more moose urine is synthetic..not as good imo..but far better than CWD.
    Got to source out new bottle of synthetic..wonder if it tastes salty too.?
    Steven