Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any goat hunters out there?

Re: Any goat hunters out there?

If anyone wants to chat about 3/33a please let me know. I need help. And will hopefully be able to help. I am not greedy and believe that communication can prevent 15guys from fighting over same bowl ...at the same time being able to help if there was a situation while on the mountain. Cheers. Nate

Watch this video a few dozen times before you go. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J8gUaMx8G7I

Put boots on the ground and scout your area. Not only will you know where to start but it’s a great way to test gear and fitness prior to the season.

Region 3 has plenty of goats. Be fit! Be prepared for an epic hunt. If you go early season when it's warm, they are up high. Don't kill yourself following them, they go into gnarly shit! In the heat, they are seeking the shade on rocky ledges. Wait for them to move into the shade as the sun moves. Might have to wait the entire day to get to them. I spotted my billy at 10AM in the morning and was able to get my shot at 5:30PM. It made for a long day! They are routine animals from my experience moving in same pattern almost every day. Watch them for a couple of days. Billies are usually by themselves or pairs, threes. Once you have seen a billy and compared to an old nanny you will know the difference. If you can get a glimpse from behind, the nuts are giving it away. The more fit you are the easier. If you are used to hunting by quad - forget it. Just my 2 cents from two goat tags in region 3.

If anybody here has the 3-42A draw, pm me. Have had this draw a number of times and have been successful twice, happy to help a fellow goat hunter out.

Great video! Thanks for the link. I’ll be goat hunting this year too.

Got drawn in 316b

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Congratulations to those of you that managed to collect a draw.

This will be my second time in 3-33E, and I know exactly where to go. However if something gets in the way then I know of a few other places for back up plans.

A few years back I drew 5-04J twice, that was another fun adventure, awesome country there as well.

3-33B is a neat place also.

Sorry, I haven’t ventured into 3-33A not sure about that side, yet.

Thanks to those that have expressed good info on what to prepare for. It’s a good reminder.

Good luck to you all.

Mountain goat hunting, you’ll either get hooked beyond belief, or you’ll sell your goat gear and never think or speak of it again lol.

Good luck to all, looking forward to seeing some pics and story’s this fall. Holding my leh for rut/winter, 10” or bust.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

6-15-J....cannot wait!!!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Happy to help those who’ve drawn in 3-33a. Was a fun hunt and got some good intel from the hunt and research of the rest of the zone prior to... pm if u like.

TJ