Thread: Ruger American 308

Ruger American 308

I finally bought myself my 1st hunting rifle. After some research handling different rifles. I found a used Ruger American 308 with a Cabelas 3x12x40 scope. Cant wait to go shooting on Thursday👍

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ruger American 308

Right on!!! 308 is a fun calibre to shoot. Is your gun the Ruger American compact? I been looking to trade my m305 for one of those. Got my 1st deer and moose with a 308. Have fun man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Right on!!! 308 is a fun calibre to shoot. Is your gun the Ruger American compact? I been looking to trade my m305 for one of those. Got my 1st deer and moose with a 308. Have fun man.
    Sorry I would have to ask the previous owner if it's a compact. I'm excited to finally own my own rifle. So will be my hunting buddy. I won't have to borrow his other hunting rifle.

Right on!!!... Got my 1st deer and moose with a 308. Have fun man.
    I've got the Ruger American Ranch in 308. Great little truck gun. Slays deer and bear . Good luck out there!

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Congrats on your new rifle, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Sorry I would have to ask the previous owner if it's a compact.
    Standard size has a 22" barrel, the compact model has an 18" barrel and a 12.5" length of pull (LOP)

Found myself a R.A.R. All Weather Compact a few years back in 308Win, love it, tack driving machine. Small and light.
    I choose to use 150's in it, the box claims 2820fps and in the Kimber Hunter's 22" barrel they do just that, with the 18" barrel they travel at 2720-2730fps

I would like to get my hands on to another R.A.R. All Weather in 30.06, and re-bore, re-chamber to a 338-06, just a thought that has been burning a way in my head for sometime now.

The fore-end of the stock is a smidgeon flimsy, so I just opened up the barrel channel a bit to prevent the stock from touching the barrel when being fired.
    Some folks like to use fillers, epoxy, etc... to help stiffen the stock up a bit, some people like that, but in my mind that just adds weight and that's going in the wrong direction for this guy.

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Seen two available on CGN recently, not sure about trades, but were for sale.