Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Regs 2018-2020

Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    I've been debating this with a bunch of people on the hunting facebook groups, who seem to think (and are advising others), if they take an LEH doe in region 3, a buck in region 8 can't be taken. Apparently one of them was told that by a CO :/ It's pretty crazy how hard people are struggling with this. At least I'm literate and maybe there will be less pressure in region 8 where I plan to take a buck, alongside my region 3 doe
    Exactly. It is not that hard for a person with normal reading skills to read the regulations synopsis.
    Last edited by Hublocker; 06-28-2018 at 10:44 AM.

They should have just kept the booklet system for tags, was a lot simpler and worked well. Now if a guy goes goat or sheep hunting in August he needs to carry his tag with him while deer hunting in Nov. on the QCI. lol. And how do they know you are not producing a tag? They would know because they see you bought one on their handheld device. They just want to know if you cancelled a tag, that's it...period. Then they would check to make sure you got it inspected (if required) and who may have butchered it or at what taxidermist its at etc.
    Also just one more thing they can fine you for. Makes no sense to me.

The reason for having to carry all your tags now is to prove where you cancelled your mule deer tags. If you only carried 1 tag but had bought 2 then they need proof of where that tag was cancelled due to regional limits being different. The proof of where you cancelled your tags is only on the tag so that is why you need to carry your cancelled tags with you. They don't care about you single goat or moose tags, but is more complicated to say people need to carry all their deer tags.

Manufactured problem that didn't exist before, or at least it wasn't any different? A big part of hunting and being a license holder is honor, unfortunately that is the fault of the system but there is no fix for it.

You hear about guys that try to not cut their legal and valid tags if they don't need to, just keep it on your lap and hope they can snip the tag in the time it takes to stop for a CO.

^^^thats messed up....that kind of stuff pisses me off.

The old tin kind you used to clip them togedder and they locked tight, some people flattened them and pretended they were locked.
    Jel -- sneaky Pete -- Lyin Larry -- lil scarey -- way back -- Cheatin --

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    ^^^thats messed up....that kind of stuff pisses me off.
    Sadly lots of poachers in BC

Thumbs down Re: New Regs 2018-2020

There's much, much more gov't over-reach and make believe problems so they can grow gov't even more obese and oppressive than there is poaching in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    There's much, much more gov't over-reach and make believe problems so they can grow gov't even more obese and oppressive than there is poaching in BC.
    I would say that varies depending on location and species

The government is made up of levels, the bottom up, one boss on top of another boss and up to the top.
    Jel -- dats Y